Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

New Silverado LS project

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Silverado LS project

Hello everyone, I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado extended cab that currently has a 5.3 L 327 which will be driven on the street rarely, More of a weekend toy and something that might turn some heads in the quarter mile. I am currently thinking about dropping a 2009 – up Corvette LS motor, cam, Roller, rocker arms, heads, Etc. I would like to hear what else I am going to need to endure in this project. I just had my transmission built from Hobart/I-35 transmission and we are holding off on putting the stall in until I decide what I'm going to do under the hood. The transmission is good for up to 650 horses and that's all I'm really wanting out of her. Please feel free to send me some options, I have a $10,000 budget so any input would be valuable at this time. Please help, Thank you!
Old 04-06-2017, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

Do you have a power goal or do you just want a 6.2 in there?

Also be aware that the 09+ engine is a 58x crank trigger compared to your 24x crank trigger engine/computer. Finding a stock 6.0 and modding that with a cam would be cheaper and likely easier if you ask me.

Or slap a blower/turbo on that 5.3 with a cam and make 500hp easy.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Prepare yourself. You're going to be breaking stuff.

1. Driveshaft
2. Rearend

(In that order usually)

So, plan on that from the start. Get a driveshaft made that will take the power because your stock one won't. Get a TruTrac or other comparable locker and might as well rebuild it while it's apart.

Plan on having to have a meth kit with whatever power adder you choose. You could go roots, Procharger or turbo. All have their pros/cons.

My .02.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$10k is a nice start! My only advise is to do what you want and do it right the first time, plan on over extending that budget substantially.