PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/silverado-ss-joe-gibbs-editions-ssr-166/)
-   -   Just how rare is an 07 'classic' Sierra Denali pickup? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/silverado-ss-joe-gibbs-editions-ssr-166/just-how-rare-07-classic-sierra-denali-pickup-516494/)

SYRacing 04-08-2013 12:24 PM

Just how rare is an 07 'classic' Sierra Denali pickup?

Just picked one of these up in the NBS body style.

Not finding lots of them out there, anybody have some production numbers?

Was looking for something similar to my SS, this is basically the same drivetrain as my SS it's just a crew cab with a way nicer interior.

smdusaf 04-08-2013 07:55 PM

sounds pretty damn nice....searched autotrader and found quite a few

Dmarian907 04-14-2013 07:22 PM

they arent exactly a rare truck thers alot in alaska, but it is exactly the same thing as your ss only more luxury

mej0914 04-14-2013 07:38 PM

There are not too many 2wd ones. Sure is fun tho!

SYRacing 04-14-2013 07:45 PM

Was just curious on the rarity, love the truck thus far.

I don't know if it was a factory goof or the PO doing wierd things but my truck was missing the 'blackwood' surrounds for the window switches. They were just black like my SS. I went to the local yard and picked up the correct ones and installed them this weekend though so it's original.

Also anybody wanting to do the OEM NAV swap should know that the Denali pickups use the LUX amp. (escalade, yukon denali, Envoy Denali)

TIM Z 04-14-2013 07:49 PM

Denalis are badass , I'm betting there aren't a lot of classic 07's out there.

Vortec350ss 04-16-2013 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by mej0914 (Post 5092564)
There are not too many 2wd ones. Sure is fun tho!

There are NO 2wd GMT-800 Denali's. That didnt start will the 07 GMT900's came out.

Originally Posted by SYRacing (Post 5092567)
Was just curious on the rarity, love the truck thus far.

I don't know if it was a factory goof or the PO doing wierd things but my truck was missing the 'blackwood' surrounds for the window switches. They were just black like my SS. I went to the local yard and picked up the correct ones and installed them this weekend though so it's original.

Also anybody wanting to do the OEM NAV swap should know that the Denali pickups use the LUX amp. (escalade, yukon denali, Envoy Denali)

Mine didnt come with that blackwood surround either and its an 05. What year was the truck you pulled that from?

1Bear 04-17-2013 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss (Post 5093148)
Mine didnt come with that blackwood surround either and its an 05. What year was the truck you pulled that from?

Just about like the 2WD vs AWD controversy, the GMT-800 Sierra Denali's didn't come with the blackwood trim for the window switch panels. Only the SUV's got them, but it wasn't a great inconvenience, as most people swapped in the SUV pieces for the complete package look. For the 2005 + crowd it was a match made in heaven having 4 windows to control, whereas the '01 - '04 bunch were left with a pair switches that didn't do anything. Of course with all the people doing hydro-dipping now-a-day's there isn't really a reason to swap in panels with extra switches that don't do anything. I installed the aforementioned SUV pieces in mine way back when and no one really even notices that they aren’t correct, and I’m the only one driving and the panel with the additional switches is on my side, so no pays it any attention.

SYRacing 04-27-2013 03:28 AM

I replaced mine from an SUV as mentioned, it was a Yukon Denali. The retaining clip was broken on the drivers side anyway so I needed a new arm rest. Pretty easy swap.

Anybody got a good idea on some floor mats that actually match the interior properly???

Interior code is 'neutral' so the aftermarket mats are a darker shade of tan.

Local dealer told me I could use GM PN 12497799 front mats and 89043953 for the rear mats but as always I'm looking for a better/cheaper solution.

Also GM can stick that factory tonneau cover up their arse it's a POS :turd::turd:

I also don't like the 'fixed' bed liner. If you remove it the body lines are all out of whack. I'll probably just have it rhino lined or line-x'd anyway.