Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Ended the week kinda rough.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 06:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts
Default Ended the week kinda rough.....

Looks like some rubbing on one of the cooler lines and exhaust finally reared it's ugly head as I was heading home from work on Friday.

I noticed some white smoke coming from under the hood as I was about to get on the interstate headed home, pulled over, looked around and initially thought it was coming from the center of the bellhousing/rear engine area and I started cussing.....lol.

AAA got there (got priority status because I was on an on-ramp) and put it on the rollback and I started it up to get a better look and was able to see that is was coming from the passenger side of the trans and I immediately starting thinking trans lines/exhaust issue.

Finally got around to looking at it yesterday and this is what I found:

It's fixed now. Let it idle in the driveway yesterday as I was putting my stuff up, no leaks.

Drove it in this morning, no leaks.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:38 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Thats why I always do stainless AN lines so I can put them out of the way and secure them. Also why you should just get a honda
Old 11-07-2016, 07:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Thats why I always do stainless AN lines so I can put them out of the way and secure them. Also why you should just get a honda
meh.

It's way out of the way now.