PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Whistle pig build

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

now did the stem come with that ? or was that separate. some say they are sold seperatly but never offer the stem
Old 04-25-2018, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bottledls6
now did the stem come with that ? or was that separate. some say they are sold seperatly but never offer the stem
No the stem is stock, the adapter is two separate pieces. The one piece gets welded on.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Got the steering stem welded up, and everything works great. Only a week left before it leaves to the tuner. Gonna spend the rest of the week going over the whole truck making sure everythings tight. I'm little concerned about the drive shaft and the critical speed factor, but hopefully it's fine. I'll ended up having one built eventually. Finally broke down and bought some race ramps and I have to say I'm pretty impressed, they worked out awesome. If your on a 5/7 drop I definitely recommend then to get your truck on a trailer especially a tilt deck like mine. I'll let you guys know how everything goes!

Old 05-26-2018, 09:52 PM
Launching!

Well we made it on the Dyno and if you haven't already seen the other thread I started concerning some issues we were having, it didn't go very smooth.. still made decent power but had some wastegate issues along with a little suspected converter trouble... I'm hoping it's just an issue caused by the Dyno itself... I'll post the video here as well and you'll hear the truck sound like it's falling on its face at about 4800 RPM and takes what seems like forever too hit about 5700 RPM. I called ATI suspecting converter issues but he assured me it wasn't the converter and to give the truck more power which led to the next issue with the wastegate and not being able to build boost. I'm running an eBoost2 to control a JGS 60mm (which might be too big) and no matter what solenoid configuration we tried it wouldn't make over 13 pounds regardless of inputs to the controller. Unfortunately I was limited on time and had to leave town for work but once I get back at the end of June I plan on getting the truck to the track and data logging some runs and see if any of these issues fix themselves. I'm also going to double the wastegate spring's up and see if that helps at all... If that doesn't work C02 control might be the way to go.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:51 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

The "I wanna blow my stuff up" wastegate configuration is with the bottom reference off the gate with the turbo housing going straight to the top of the gate. Did you try that one?
Old 05-27-2018, 05:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How is that side exit exhaust? Can't really tell if its obnoxiously loud or not from the video
Old 05-27-2018, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Atomic
The "I wanna blow my stuff up" wastegate configuration is with the bottom reference off the gate with the turbo housing going straight to the top of the gate. Did you try that one?
Lol no, were gonna call that on the "last resort" configuration..

Originally Posted by Jake75
How is that side exit exhaust? Can't really tell if its obnoxiously loud or not from the video
Ehh obviously we were in a building so it probably sounded louder than it really is, I haven't had it WOT other than on the Dyno. Once I get it to the track I'm sure it won't seem as bad. I'll let ya know though
Old 05-27-2018, 11:17 AM
I have a gauge for that

A drive pressure gauge would be useful. I have also found when I cant make boost its either because the hot side has a leak (even a small one thats not obvious), there is something clogging the intake (like too small of an intercooler), or the gate is set up wrong.

My fender exit was annoying and loud as ****
Old 07-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Launching!

I'm finally getting to these reverse Lights but Im not sure if I'm sourcing the correct wire...I've tried to find pictures but it seems most guys talk about a lime green wire for the reverse Lights but all I have is this darker green wire(circled in picture) and isn't doing **** when I put 12v to it. I've checked the bulbs, they're good. Also checked fuses...unless I'm having a brain fart and missing something obvious. Possibly another source under the dash?

Last edited by ironcityboom; 07-07-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:54 PM
I have a gauge for that

I had to replace my Neutral Safety Switch on the trans to get mine to work.

Quick Reply: Whistle pig build