PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/show-shine-discussion-129/)
-   -   Silverstar Headlight Bulbs Always Burning Out! (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/show-shine-discussion-129/silverstar-headlight-bulbs-always-burning-out-437449/)

duwem 03-20-2009 10:25 AM

Silverstar Headlight Bulbs Always Burning Out!

I have Silvererstars for the headlights and the Silverstar "cool blues" for the high beams. They are nice and bright and I like them but...

I'm replacing them all the time. Seems like each year I put a new headlight blub in.

The brights with the cool blue's I haven't had to replace.

I bought a used set of Silverstar fog light bulbs, one burned out a long time ago and the other went recently. Last time I will buy used bulbs.

I dont off road my truck, its all on road driving.

I keep buying them because they are bright, but at $20 a bulb its getting old!

My buddy had them in his blazer and he burned out on or 2 in a few year as well.

Anyone else having problems?

00ChevyScott 03-20-2009 10:31 AM

Thats the tradeoff with brighter bulbs. They don't last as long

seltaeb 03-20-2009 11:21 AM

Also make sure when you put them in you don't touch the bulb because the oil on your fingers will make them burn up quickly.

Blue5.3 03-20-2009 03:53 PM

I have the Silverstar Ultras. They have been in the truck about 3 years with no problems. Now whatchone burn out tonight lol.

BLUES MAN 03-20-2009 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Blue5.3 (Post 4160840)
I have the Silverstar Ultras. They have been in the truck about 3 years with no problems. Now whatchone burn out tonight lol.

way to go, now you just hex'd yourself :jest:

Red04Silverado 03-20-2009 08:58 PM

Time for HIDs??:D

454SuperSport 03-21-2009 02:41 AM

the 880 silverstars in my fog lights blow out all the damn time, finally ordered a set of HID's for them this week :D

budhayes3 03-21-2009 11:06 PM

I've often thought about going with Silverstars but didn't since I always hear about them burning out annually.

SlvrSierra4.8 03-22-2009 11:43 AM

I run the silverstar ultra's and they last exactly one year almost to the date of install. I've called Sylvania about it a number of times and it is just the nature of the hotter burning bulbs. With the ulta's they do warranty them tho, just send them a burned out bulb and they will send you a new set of two. I have done that for the last two years....

duwem 03-25-2009 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by SlvrSierra4.8 (Post 4162155)
I run the silverstar ultra's and they last exactly one year almost to the date of install. I've called Sylvania about it a number of times and it is just the nature of the hotter burning bulbs. With the ulta's they do warranty them tho, just send them a burned out bulb and they will send you a new set of two. I have done that for the last two years....

Darn, mine are off to the landfill already.

I guess NEXT time they blow I will send them in. :bang: