PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/show-shine-discussion-129/)
-   -   Powder Coat (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/show-shine-discussion-129/powder-coat-543587/)

13chevy 04-17-2016 11:44 AM

Powder Coat

Can you Powder Coat stock chrome clad aluminum silverado rim?

FFDP 04-17-2016 05:28 PM

Sure you can, you just have to remove the cladding and foam stuff. Then bring it down to bare metal with a sand blaster or something.

13chevy 04-22-2016 12:19 AM

I was afraid that would be the case. The plasti dip with glossifier is looking a little faded, so I guess my next course of action will be to paint and clear. My wheels don't look good de-claded, IMO.

jakenm 05-25-2016 08:35 AM

If you decided to paint them, prep is the key for the paint to adhere very well. This includes sanding, applying primer for plastics and adhesion promoter.

13chevy 05-28-2016 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by jakenm (Post 5362389)
If you decided to paint them, prep is the key for the paint to adhere very well. This includes sanding, applying primer for plastics and adhesion promoter.

Thanks for the info. Truck is on a boat to the mainland, just added a Nick Williams 102MM to the list of installs. Cant wait to get my truck back.

Staggered 02 05-30-2016 11:43 AM

Let us know how the NW TB install goes. I have one that I picked up for my CC but couldn't get it to idle any less than 3000 RPM. I ended up having to put the stock TB back on.

I've been on travel assignment for a few months now. When I get back I'll talk to both NW folks and the tuner. Good job with the truck mods.

13chevy 05-30-2016 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Staggered 02 (Post 5363171)
Let us know how the NW TB install goes. I have one that I picked up for my CC but couldn't get it to idle any less than 3000 RPM. I ended up having to put the stock TB back on.

I've been on travel assignment for a few months now. When I get back I'll talk to both NW folks and the tuner. Good job with the truck mods.

Will do, who did you use for tuning?

13chevy 10-22-2016 08:34 AM

update

Originally Posted by Staggered 02 (Post 5363171)

So after installing the LSXrt 102 and NW, the idle was really bad. Also had an issue with stalling when coming to a stop. After a second tuning session the stall was taken care of and the idle is fine, around 550. The only issue to date is the high initial rev on start up. Having a BTR turbo stage II cam and DOD delete install late NOV with dyne tuning at Derailed Motorsports in Hendersonville, TN. I think my original tuner is just a little inexperienced.