Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint guru's in please....need help finding a Red to paint my truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Paint guru's in please....need help finding a Red to paint my truck

I've been on the search for a few months now looking for a deep true red color that has a good look to it but different. Would like a metallic or possibly a pearl but the main thing is a true red color. I found a color on a truck (that's attached) that I would like to paint my truck but don't know what the color code is to it. Don't want to do a candy for touch ups but something that may have some metallic/pearl in it to give it that look. It will be on my 1990 truck so will not be driven everyday...just on the weekends, on the track, etc.

Anybody have a good color in mind? I've looked at the torch red (current color on my truck), viper red, inferno red metallic (too dark), lazer red from ford (not bright enough red), etc.....would like a base/clear finish and more like the color on the truck. Want to be able to tell its red no matter at night or daytime.

Thanks for the suggestions and time.
Attached Thumbnails Paint guru's in please....need help finding a Red to paint my truck-1968chevyc10pickup.jpg  

Last edited by YenkoST; 04-21-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by YenkoST
I've been on the search for a few months now looking for a deep true red color that has a good look to it but different. Would like a metallic or possibly a pearl but the main thing is a true red color. I found a color on a truck (that's attached) that I would like to paint my truck but don't know what the color code is to it. Don't want to do a candy for touch ups but something that may have some metallic/pearl in it to give it that look. It will be on my 1990 truck so will not be driven everyday...just on the weekends, on the track, etc.

Anybody have a good color in mind? I've looked at the torch red (current color on my truck), viper red, inferno red metallic (too dark), lazer red from ford (not bright enough red), etc.....would like a base/clear finish and more like the color on the truck. Want to be able to tell its red no matter at night or daytime.

Thanks for the suggestions and time.

That's probably a House of Kolor paint with some light metal flake in it. Silver is a popular flake that is used in red.

Kolors - House Of Kolor
Old 03-01-2017, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by madmann26
That's probably a House of Kolor paint with some light metal flake in it. Silver is a popular flake that is used in red.

Kolors - House Of Kolor
Yeah, I figured it was a Kandy but would rather stay base/clear if possible for easier touch ups.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anybody got any custom colors they have done? Stacey David's Red on his Hairy Hauler looks nice but probably a little darker I was wanting.