PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/show-shine-discussion-129/)
-   -   How to adjust the front bumper?? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/show-shine-discussion-129/how-adjust-front-bumper-406662/)

t-bone123 12-05-2007 02:17 PM

How to adjust the front bumper??

I have a 2004 silverado and the bumper looks like it needs to be picked up in the back. Is this relatively easy to do and how would I do it. Thanks in advance.

Superado 12-05-2007 03:22 PM

been riding around with mine needing adjustment for quite awhile now too...after a bump...
I bought a set of new bumper brackets and braces because everyone said that they were what actually gives, not the bumper itself...to just replace them and it would level it back out...
the braces are real easy to get to and replace, but the brackets are not as easy...so, I still have them in a box...
a body guy told me to take out the grill and I should be able to get to the top of the brackets to loosen them...he said that he had leveled several out w/o ever removing or replacing any of the brackets by simply loosening the brackets...repositioning the bumper...maybe with a little persuasion...and then torq'n the brackets back down...
I have yet to try it...I need to though so I can get this SS bumper cover painted and installed...

maybe someone knowledgeable will chime in...I posted about this a long time ago and didn't get any suggestions...

t-bone123 12-05-2007 03:49 PM

Thanks I may try pulling the grill off and seeing what it looks like.

94f150 12-05-2007 05:19 PM

The bumper brackets in front of the front two tires, unbolt it from the bumper, and lossen the other bolts that bolt to the frame. Get a friend to pull up on the bumper, and tighten the bolts back up. Do it on each side. That ought to fix your problem.

Mine was all out of whack when I put the new color matched bumper on.

Badass61' 12-05-2007 05:50 PM

My bumper sagged on the sides by about a half inch from a couple little hits. I took off the lower valence, loosened a few bolts up on mine and took a floor jack to it. While it was jacked up with a good looking gap I tightened the bolts down. It has stayed in place for about a year now.

Superado 12-06-2007 06:28 AM

not my thread...but thanks!
I guess the guy I spoke with was right then...

rpav 01-22-2008 08:40 PM

anyone else?? any other experiences?

Jose Pena 01-24-2008 09:41 AM

Just pull the valence of and jack it up in the back with the floor jack with out loosing up the brackets and it will get in the shape you want it, just jack it up a 1/2 inch over the spot that you want it at and realease the jack it should go right to the spot.

agreif 01-24-2008 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Badass61' (Post 3791785)
My bumper sagged on the sides by about a half inch from a couple little hits. I took off the lower valence, loosened a few bolts up on mine and took a floor jack to it. While it was jacked up with a good looking gap I tightened the bolts down. It has stayed in place for about a year now.

What he said. Did the same thing to mine.

Chevy Cowboy 01-24-2008 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Badass61' (Post 3791785)

I also did the same thing