SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Mod for $1

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK WTF!!!!! i did ecactly keukaz71 said to do. i cut the yellow wire and then i connected more wire to the yellow wire to make it longer then i screwed it to the corner of the inside fender. i did the drivers side first-when i turned on my headlights the drivers side stayed off and the pass side went on. then when i turned on my hi beams both the hi's and lows on the pass went on and the drivers hi went on but the drive low stayed off. ok then i did the same thing to the pass side but when i finished niether side lows went on and when i turn on my hi's both go on but not the lows!!!WTF? so now i dont have any lows what so ever... SOMBODY ANYBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! im not sure if it was the type of wire i used but what gage is the orig. yellow wire?? i need help asap.....where did i **** up????
Old 02-11-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you take the yellow wire from the light bulb not the one that goes twards the body?

Ground the yellow wire that comes from the light itself.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

here are the pics. hope you get it resolved.

in this pic, look at the left bulb, that is the low beam, see the orange and yellow wires, the yellow you cut and ground. make sure you ground the one that came directly from the light bulb, leave the other yellow end alone, it goes to the fuse box probably

this pic you can see the blue wire in the bottom right. i attached this wire to the yellow wire that came directly from the light housing. i used a butt connector. sand the paint where the ground is.

this last pic, you can see the blue wire that i attached to the yellow ground, although it is covered up with electrical tape and stuff
Old 02-13-2005, 01:51 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

i grounded mine under the radiator core support with no problems. theres a bolt right underneath the little thing to adjust the hood.

i found the relays for the foglights and headlamps on my 2001. which posts on the relays do i put a diode inbetween to get the fog lights to come on with the brights?
Old 02-13-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not sure what the 2002 and under used for a triggering method for the relays.

Hopefully someone else that has a 02 and older can help you out.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

do you have a diagram of what you need to connect to get every light in the front of your truck to light up, the lows, highs, drl, pk lamp/turn signal, fogs everything thanks
Old 02-14-2005, 02:46 AM
TECH Resident

nice details but.....ok you say to cut the yellow wire???but which side of the wire do you ground out???? the wire from the bulb side or the wire from the harness side
Old 02-14-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the help guys but the day i posted my q i figured out what i did wrong. yester day i made my drls part of my trurn signals. i love the way it looks now!!!
Old 02-14-2005, 12:22 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

ground out the wire on the bulb side.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by *WILDSTYLE 5.3*
thanks for the help guys but the day i posted my q i figured out what i did wrong. yester day i made my drls part of my trurn signals. i love the way it looks now!!!
ok, how did you do the drl mod? cuz if i understand how to do it it will be done this week. thanks

Bryan

Quick Reply: Headlight Mod for $1