PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/show-shine-discussion-129/)
-   -   Finally lowered but not too satisfied (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/show-shine-discussion-129/finally-lowered-but-not-too-satisfied-473017/)

Sinistersilverado 11-28-2010 10:15 PM

Finally lowered but not too satisfied

3 Attachment(s)
So i had the truck parked for a preeeeetty good while. Finally decided since i had days off that i'd go ahead and install stuff i had sitting around. First up was the lowering kit. A djm 4-6 kit which consist of the lower control arms for the front along with a flip kit for the back. Well as i got started i knocked out the front pretty fast with no problems at all. The back however was a bit harder. Keep in mind, i'm only 19 and i have very little knowledge when it comes down to lowering vehicles and i happen to like doing stuff on my OWN! none of this take it to the shop and someone do it for you crap. lol. So i pulled off the bed and did the c notch, did the flip kit as well. Truck came out looking sick. I misplaced where i had put the stock shackles so i had to use the ones i had on already. which made the back drop a 8 inch i believe. Anyways i had trouble trying to find out what was making noise as i went for the test drive with the bed "OFF"! Kept hearing a ugly clank. I knew the angle for the drive shaft was correct because i had my dad help me out on setting it. until BOOM! rear end was out. I knew for a while already that it was gonna go soon cause of past problems but has anyone else had problems like this? also here some pics of how the truck sits after the drop and a roll pan installed.

Bigredmariner 11-28-2010 10:30 PM

The truck looks good lowered IMO, sorry about your bad luck though. Just remember, if this shit was easy every body would do it.

Bowtie03 11-28-2010 10:52 PM

Truck looks good, sucks about the rear tho

Sinistersilverado 11-28-2010 11:25 PM

thanks. how can i get the wheels to tuck in a little bit also? at least a inch or two because i had to bend the inside up so it wouldn't touch.

gs7793 11-29-2010 04:30 PM

you cant get the wheels to tuck without getting different wheels with more backspacing....
is your bed leaning forward or is it just me?
and my rear end is hanging on by a thread too, its been making some crazy noises for about half a year now lmao

double047 11-29-2010 05:35 PM

Looks nice my friend.

BLUES MAN 11-29-2010 05:42 PM

truck looks good! when stuff breaks its the best time to upgrade, throw a tru-trac & some nice gears in there. and give'er hell! :devil:

Sinistersilverado 11-29-2010 05:49 PM

thanks. and yea it is i just noticed when i uploaded the pic. what do you think can cause it to lean forward? also what gears do yall recommend? i lk playing on the high way also and i do drive the truck alot out of town

gs7793 11-29-2010 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sinistersilverado (Post 4586744)
thanks. and yea it is i just noticed when i uploaded the pic. what do you think can cause it to lean forward? also what gears do yall recommend? i lk playing on the high way also and i do drive the truck alot out of town

idk lol im sure someone'll chime in about how to fix the bed leaning forward like that, i know theres some guys on here who take their beds off as much as the take their shoes off lmao....

and definately run a true trac, posi, locker, something of that category...and you can run whatever gears you want, but i do a lot of highway driving too so im gonna go with 3:73's for my truck...4:10s are better if you do a bunch of city driving IMO

.James. 11-29-2010 06:54 PM

truck looks good low, sucks about the rear though, and id be ordering what the others are saying as well