PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Racing and Kills Forum (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/)
-   -   Went out looking tonight, SRT-10 Ram, 5.0 mustang (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/went-out-looking-tonight-srt-10-ram-5-0-mustang-431966/)

00ChevyScott 01-03-2009 11:10 PM

Went out looking tonight, SRT-10 Ram, 5.0 mustang

Me and Low Dime went out looking for races on some pretty busy streets tonight and got a few to bite.

He saw an quad cab SRT-10 ram go by at an intersection, so we turned and followed him. I got up close to him and unlocked the converter and gave him a little rev. He bit and decided to floor it and take off, well I let him get up the road a little ways, then caught back up to him when traffic had died down. We were running about ~50mph and were lined up and i give it a little more gas and hear him start to get into it so i stomp it. We were door to door (I was pulling slightly on him) until about 110 when he started to barely inch up back to my door, but I shut it down since we were goin pretty fast already. He wouldn't get back next to me again the rest of the way down the road, then turned off.

Then after we had turned around I found fox body 5.0 mustang cruising along with his gf in the passenger seat, so I knew he was game. I think he figured his car would kill a "slow" truck :D. Well we were going about 40ish and i honked it off and I pulled him like he was sitting still. It really was pretty sad, and this thing didn't sound stock (had exhaust at the very least).

Not a bad night, and also Low Dimes 4.3 S10 on spray can throw down just as good as any of the v8 trucks I've raced. When I was racing the SRT-10 he was right behind us for a good portion of the run. I saw him pull past the 5.0 mustang too :D

Wyttrash96 01-03-2009 11:29 PM

Very cool! Sounds like you're off to a good start in 09!

00ChevyScott 01-03-2009 11:34 PM

I was suprized how things went with the SRT-10, I figured a 500hp truck would kill me from a 50 roll. Guess not hehe

Jeteys5.3 01-03-2009 11:38 PM

impressive!

95 bright teal 01-03-2009 11:40 PM

I thought a 500hp truck would be alot more too, but you have a pretty fast setup, and those things are heavy.
A good friend of mine has a rcsb, its quick, but not enough

Sound like you guys had fun, nice kills!
I bet the SRT10 driver was pretty pissed to be pulled by such a sleeper

viciousknid 01-03-2009 11:43 PM

foxbody's are hit n miss.
Most of the time they are nothing more than exhaust. But you get lucky some times and someone throws some money under the hood and you get yourself a race.

Good kills. Good to know how i'm gonna do when I get mine back.

A Low Dime 01-03-2009 11:52 PM

Hehe, Im happy to say I was only 2 lengths behind that SRT10 from a 60 roll all the way to 110. That guy in the Mustang had to feel bad after his girlfriend was waving her arms around like they were hot shit, then got pulled on by a V6 S10, :D

You know Scott, I looked and my bottle pressure was only 600 when I got home.

00ChevyScott 01-03-2009 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by viciousknid (Post 4091631)
foxbody's are hit n miss.
Most of the time they are nothing more than exhaust. But you get lucky some times and someone throws some money under the hood and you get yourself a race.

Good kills. Good to know how i'm gonna do when I get mine back.

My truck has its moments. Sometimes the top end is awesome, and sometimes it has me wondering if I'm pulling a trailer or something.

I like this converter because just about any speed is a good punch for me as I'm right in the power band as soon as I touch the pedal.

You're gonna love the bigger converter and the 4.11s

What kind of tranny cooler are you running?

95 bright teal 01-03-2009 11:59 PM

Brendan, i bet it would have been real close if you two lined up. My camaro would hang with the RC SRT10, and my camaro ran very low 9's in the 1/8th, like your dang v6.

A Low Dime 01-04-2009 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by 95 bright teal (Post 4091642)
Brendan, i bet it would have been real close if you two lined up. My camaro would hang with the RC SRT10, and my camaro ran very low 9's in the 1/8th, like your dang v6.

I ran 9.0 on the 50 shot......:angel:....I have moved on, lol, on playing with the 75 now,:chug: