PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Racing and Kills Forum (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/)
-   -   porsche/5.0 action (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/porsche-5-0-action-552169/)

ls2rcsb 03-22-2018 01:58 PM

porsche/5.0 action

So i was out in mexico the other night and a newer porsche and my buddy in his 2014 5.0 did a 40 roll. It was late, so i followed them and just cruised home after their race. I started about 3-4 cars back in 2nd gear and took off after i saw their rear ends squat. Before third gear I was caught up with the porsche, and into third gear i was within a car of my buddies 5.0, which was a car or two ahead of the porsche. The 5.0 has long tubes, cai, 47lb injectors, boss manifold, mcleod clutch, rob shoemaker tune on 93, and is a track pack car. He also told me his car weighs 3600 with him in it. I am 3960 without me, so about 4300 with me and my girlfriend in there that night. He was on a 275/60r15 radial and i was on 275/60r16 toyo proxes but neither of us spun. Im just having a hard time wrapping my head around this since im on stock unported 243s and a mild cam. Anybody else have some 5.0 encounters that can back this up?

MrHorsepowerLSx 03-31-2018 06:34 AM

Where are you located? Last time I was on the dyno Rob was doing some tuning tweaks on my truck

ls2rcsb 04-01-2018 07:58 PM

Im confused. I am in Missouri though.

MrHorsepowerLSx 04-02-2018 07:00 AM

“Rob shoemaker” has done some live tuning for me ( I’m in NJ ). As far as your run with the Porsche and 5.0 I find it very hard to believe that you were passing that car on the run. Those 5.0 cars run reallllllly good out of the box, and his bolt ons vs. yours would still give him the upper hand. As far as weight goes,what did you do for weight reduction? My motor combo was similar to yours and I wasn’t coming close to pulling on those 5.0 cars. Now that my power is up in the 5xx rwhp range I have no issues with gapping those cars

ls2rcsb 04-02-2018 12:16 PM

Oh i gotcha, i had no idea where he was from, just knew thats who he told me sent him the tunes. Spare and bracket removed, tailgate was off, missing center console. Thats all i can think of at the moment. There wasnt much gas in the tank when i weighed it either. Since this race, i have went to 3 dyno days with him. Depending on the dyno, hes made anywhere from 370-400 rwhp. Seems low to me for his mods, but would somewhat explain the outcome. I never did pass him, as he let out when i was a car or so behind, but i know for a fact i started out at least 3 cars back, if not 4.

What do you mean by, "wasnt coming close to pulling on those 5.0 cars." ? As in they would pull away pretty easily, or it would at least be a decent race?

MrHorsepowerLSx 04-02-2018 02:15 PM

They would pull away easily, there power to weight ratio vs. our trucks makes them faster by default.

I can’t wrap my head around how light your truck is, I have a fair amount of weight reduction and last time I weighed it, it was 43xx with 1/2 tank without me in it

Ohhhh btw those Porsche’s are turds, the mustang would be a better race then the Porsche

ls2rcsb 04-02-2018 03:36 PM

Hmm. Ill just have to get in a race where its only me and him and see what happens.
It was at a local scale in my small town where i weighed it. Could very well be off. Not sure how accurate nada is but it says a 2wd v6 rcsb has a curb weight of 3956. Also not sure how much the iron v6 to aluminum v8 weigh difference is.
Ya i dont know anything about those porsches, so i didnt know what to think going into the race.

ls2rcsb 04-10-2018 12:30 PM

Got an update. We did a 20ish roll the other day. He got the hit, i had my 400lb father with me, full tank of gas, tailgate and center console put back on. We let off somewhere over 100mph, not for sure what speed as my speedo was buried. Id say he was 1.5 cars out on me. Sound about right?

MrHorsepowerLSx 04-13-2018 02:11 PM

That doesn’t sound unreasonable