PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Racing and Kills Forum (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/)
-   -   more GT's go down (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/more-gts-go-down-345907/)

TXsilverado 08-03-2005 02:21 PM

more GT's go down

got lucky not long ago and beat a GT on the 1/4.

got me 2 more GT's last night :) the first race was an 02 from a roll. the first time we raced we went from about 50 and i couldnt tell if he was floored or not. i actually let out of the gas 3 times thinking i was still taunting him and still stayed next to him at 80mph. we caught a red light and he didnt want to go from a dig so i told him to gun it at 30 mph. i gave him the jump and then ripped him a new asshole :drive: i didnt expect to leave him that bad :eek2: he was a cool guy though and said it was bone stock(lucky me)

2nd one was later that night/this morning. another GT with exhaust. im not sure on the exact year but it was the same bodystyle as the 02. it had 3 teenagers in it and it didnt take much taunting to get them interested. the guy in the passenger seat and back seat were laughing their asses off at the driver :jest:

i really thought that the GT mustangs were faster. ive always been afraid to try one but here lately im starting to get a little cocky towards the mustangs :devil: im sure it wont be long until i try picking on the wrong one and get tore up but its cool.

CAMMIN03' 08-03-2005 05:02 PM

Good kills!!!

I have ripped on a few of them before the Whipple...

Its really fun to watch their faces when a truck starts pulling on them...

ap2002 08-03-2005 09:36 PM

lol... sounds like a kill to me.... I almost made that mistake once, we were at some street racing late at night and nobody was running... so this guy in a mustang was there and I told him want to race (thinking he was a GT and later found out is was a 96-99cobra!!) :devil: he asked what I was driving so I point at it and he said no, I've seen that truck at baytown and it is fast..... (I have no idea who it is cause I have only raced at baytown twice and I am not fast) so we just started talking and he said his car was a cobra and his best run was a 13.3!!! he never asked me what I ran and I never told them.... my cousins where like holy shit good thing you didnt run him cause he would of smoked you!!!

quicksilverado 08-03-2005 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by ap2002
lol... sounds like a kill to me.... I almost made that mistake once, we were at some street racing late at night and nobody was running... so this guy in a mustang was there and I told him want to race (thinking he was a GT and later found out is was a 96-99cobra!!) :devil: he asked what I was driving so I point at it and he said no, I've seen that truck at baytown and it is fast..... (I have no idea who it is cause I have only raced at baytown twice and I am not fast) so we just started talking and he said his car was a cobra and his best run was a 13.3!!! he never asked me what I ran and I never told them.... my cousins where like holy shit good thing you didnt run him cause he would of smoked you!!!

The non s/c Cobras are only sligtly faster than the GTs.

SSlow 4.8 08-03-2005 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
The non s/c Cobras are only sligtly faster than the GTs.

yep we know about those non s/c cobras in ga dont we quick? lol.

I would really like to race a bullit one... they are just the 302 right? or is that a s/c 302?

GoldenVelvet 08-03-2005 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by SSlow 4.8
yep we know about those non s/c cobras in ga dont we quick? lol.

I would really like to race a bullit one... they are just the 302 right? or is that a s/c 302?

Bullit is still the 4.6 (a 302 is a 5.0). The Bullit has a aluminum intake under drive pulleys exhaust and body work.

SSlow 4.8 08-03-2005 11:21 PM

oh... ya i kno the 302 is a 5.0... not too familar with fords. Thanks for clearing that up.

so what is the saleen exactly?

GoldenVelvet 08-03-2005 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by SSlow 4.8
oh... ya i kno the 302 is a 5.0... not too familar with fords. Thanks for clearing that up.

so what is the saleen exactly?

http://www.saleen.com A Saleen Mustang is kinda like a Firehawk or Ultra Z. Saleen does conversions of factory Mustangs to make them a turn key sports car that are still covered by warranty and serviceable at any ford dealer. The conversions come in stages from basicly cosmetic to 500HP supercharged monsters. There is a Saleen SVT and ROUSH dealer in Selma Ca. (and you can get a kick ass burrito there too) about once a month me and my buddies will go get some food and look at the cars.
http://www.discountpartcenter.com/ph...ang-Saleen.jpg

TXsilverado 08-04-2005 01:48 AM

anyone know what a stock 02 mustang runs? just curious...the one at the track was gaining on me fast by the end of the 1/4 and i just barely pulled it off.

KBOBOZ71 08-04-2005 10:59 AM

I Would Say 14.1 With A Really Good Driver And Good Traction With A 5 Speed. I Just Beat One The Other Day And It Had Exhaust, But He Didnt Hook Real Good Off The Line, But He Was A Pretty Good Driver.