PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Racing and Kills Forum (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/)
-   -   Kenne belle mustang thinks he is untouchable (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/kenne-belle-mustang-thinks-he-untouchable-480009/)

tallbluslpr 03-25-2011 10:11 PM

Kenne belle mustang thinks he is untouchable

Most of the time i just race and see what happens but here goes this guy is really rubbing me the wrong way just seeing what yall think. This individual said that his 01ish mach one is running a 10.6 in the 1/4 with just a kenne bell at 8 psi and a tune. He claims this on street tires and also says he is running 534 hp at the wheels I dont see how. He says he wants to race but I can never catch him out with the car. I personally dont think he has a chance aginst my silvy at 11.9 lbs of boost in 4 hi on the street its freaken insane. and he is on regular radial tires. I have never ran at the track but I figure about a 12.80 on the high end for my truck. Best I can tell he should be running around a 13 in that raggedy mustang. thanks just getting your thoughts

Mangled03gmc 03-25-2011 10:25 PM

I think he is full of shit. The mach 1's were quick cars, but something isn't adding up.. Give him a run, I bet you slam him out of the hole, iuf it is a 10 sec car, he might reel you back. I think he is blowing smoke..

SICKSIXTYSEVEN 03-25-2011 10:31 PM

hey bro nothing to be worried about. 2001 is a shitty 3 valve 4.6 liter. Even if he had the larger 2.6 charger from Kenne bell on there he cant hit that RWHP. most likely he is running a 2.1 Kenne Bell at that PSI and that should make 400 RWHP.

I just sold my Ram air Trans am 410 RWHP on a mustang dyno and i raced a pullied 04 cobra with all supporting mods, put down 480RWHP on a dyno jet and i use to walk away from him at the top of 3rd gear all the time. Gotta love the LS top ends!! The new 2011 stang is pretty serious however. Im a chevy guy though!!!!

f4tal 03-25-2011 10:56 PM

There's a guy here in dfw with a 2003ish bullet, 4.6L blah blah blah with a vortec charger. I think on 13lbs or something he said he only made like 3xx
Either the guy is blowing smoke or he's got more shit done than whats being said. The only cars that i've actually seen put down that much power are the 03-04 cobras, even at that they aren't all what they are supposed to be... like stated
LS top end FTW!!!

1slowz71 03-25-2011 11:57 PM

even if his a 10sec car on the street theres no comparing a 4wd to a 2wd ! i say run him you'll more then likely hand his ass to him in a sylver plate !

fast84 03-26-2011 10:01 AM

Yes get on his AZZ!!!

jpodell 03-26-2011 01:28 PM

Find him and humble him. Hope he doesn't have more mods than he's admitting to.

tallbluslpr 03-26-2011 03:17 PM

ok you guys are thinking the same as me worse case I will jump him several links and if he looks like he is going to real me in I will wave him off like you aint nothing that will piss him off. It will probably be after next week when I get my exhaust straightened out but I will def. give yall the outcome.

907TBSS 03-26-2011 03:57 PM

Do not...
Do not ever underestimate anything with a whipple... heres the new world record... and the bitch is stock. Valve covers never pulled. Now I know this is a Cobra and were talking Mach1 but anything possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVF1O...el_video_title

Details:

Details on car
100% Stock Motor, valvecovers have never been off, this means stock bottom end, stock heads, stock cams, stock intake etc......
3450 lbs wih driver
9" Rear with stock suspension style setup
C4 tranny
Whipple 3.4 @ 25psi
E-85
American Racing 1-3/4" Longtubes 3" X & 3" Bullets
Full Interior, AC, 10pt cage

Driven to and from the track, car makes 720whp at the tire thru a set of slicks on a dynojet. Truly impressive......factory freak to say the least. People build motors and they dont run this strong.

9.08@149mph on a 28x10.5x15 ET Drag. He was dialing in suspension going for 8's and punctured a slick on his 1st pass of the day, the 9.08 came on a set of borrowed Hoosier Quicktime Pro's DOT which were slightly slower out of 60ft. Car should see 8's here soon then he is gonna hit it with some nitrous to see what happens.

Not a Ford fan just saying... dont get caught with your pants down.

jpodell 03-26-2011 08:35 PM

Don't ever underestimate something with a whipple....and a 9" rear with adjustable suspension, and slicks....and built tranny, and..........

There may be a slight difference in the car you mentioned and the one the op is looking at with just a whipple. Granted the op's information may be incomplete, but this looks like an apples and oranges comparison.