PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Racing and Kills Forum (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/)
-   -   How do you guys get a street race started? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/how-do-you-guys-get-street-race-started-415204/)

Moddoo 04-02-2008 09:52 AM

How do you guys get a street race started?

OK, call me a dork.
But, I never get a street race anymore.
I usually just cruise 5-10 over and stay in 1 lane.
Nobody ever challenges me.
Maybe I am getting too old :eyes:.

I am kind of wondering what type of techniques everybody uses to get a race started.

I know that flooring it while cruising next to someone can get them going, Or spin them at red light, etc

However, if you are pretty closely matched to someone, how do you signal them to do a 3 honk, etc? So you can do a fair race?

My truck isn't the fastest, but I like to play sometimes.
It looks totally stock, so noone really thinks to race me.

How to start a friendly competition on the street:
A: without being a dick
B: keeping it fair

Lets share some signals & whatever.

ducky 04-02-2008 10:01 AM

I usually start throwing objects out of my window at them to get there attention. You know like trash and so forth...

SILVERBIRCH 04-02-2008 10:03 AM

Get a CV Radio and just call them out.

TouchOfEvil04 04-02-2008 10:39 AM

i say get a sticker on the back glass thats says WANNA RACE?
nah i'm jst messing man. No idea....i'm sure you should be able to spot the douchebag drivers on the road that would be willing to give it a go....you know they are the ones speeding like crazy and cutting people off every chance they get.
Just road block em then when you give em some room to cut you off you know they are gonna floor it so thats your chance haha.
but really no clue....

fastnblu 04-02-2008 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by duckysbht (Post 3888692)
I usually start throwing objects out of my window at them to get there attention. You know like trash and so forth...

U r kiddin right?

thunder550 04-02-2008 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by duckysbht (Post 3888692)

:jest: Nice technique. I think I'll try it :nod:

95 bright teal 04-02-2008 10:55 AM

well drive the speed limit or slower because all the guys that do want to race you are doing ten over so youll never catch them.
then just throw a rev at them, let them hear the beast.:D
if they come flying up on you fast puch it so they know your game and that should do it

Snacktime 04-02-2008 11:08 AM

"EAT MY SHIFT" Sticker does it for me.

I rev and leave harder at the lights but still drive the speed limit(I drive around a csu if your faster than the rest you get a ticket).

nonnieselman 04-02-2008 12:26 PM

I usually drive 5 under the speed limit to save gas.. then if somebody just so happens to fly past me and I think it will be a easy kill or something fun to try, ill run them down and usually the waste gate noise :) will get them goin.

or if we are at a red light a quick tap of the throttle sounds off the turbo and most of the time they are 'whistling to a different tune' by the next light.. hahah :devil:

jdawg04 4.8 04-02-2008 12:40 PM

i got a sticker that says "Import Killer" on my back windsheild that gets me an endless supply of imports to play with everything from fart can hondas to modded evos and domestics

That usually gives me my fill of fun but if theres something i want to play with that doesnt see or notice the sticker usually ill pace them for a few seconds and most of the time a little point foward or a blip of the throttle lets them know what your intentions are.