Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

cts-v blow by FAIL!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 06:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default cts-v blow by FAIL!

I was getting on the freeway and there was several cars trying to merge in front of me and I kind of aggressively moved across 3 lanes to the left to get around all that crap and into the open. In the process of doing that I went by a new Cadillac CTS-V and didn't even realize it. Once I got into the clear I saw the CTS-V coming across to the 4th lane and start to gain on me pretty good. Not even realizing it was a V yet I was thinking " I don't think so buddy" and floored it. He gained on me for another second or 2 but he couldn't even get next to me and I eventually started to pull away. Once we came up on some traffic and I slowed down I rolled my window down but he just went by and at that time I saw the CTS-V badge on the back. It was a older guy with his women in the passenger seat so I'm not sure how long or hard he was trying but he definitely was going to give me the blow by if he could have and he didn't even come close.

It's kinda funny how it seemed liked I would get in races all the time when my truck was stock but since I got the turbo, I don't know if I just beat people that easily or if people hear that Turbo and get scared. It seems I get more people doing chicken $hit blow by's and stuff like that than trying to go heads up. Either way I seriously doubt that guy was thinking he'd have any problems with a dirty old 05 extended cab pickup in his new CTS-V.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Your times are more on par with a z06 so I'm not surprised he didn't pull on you.

I look forward to the day I build another turbo truck.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:02 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell yeah!!!