PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Racing and Kills Forum (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/)
-   -   a couple of races that might be worth reading (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/couple-races-might-worth-reading-349843/)

sumoitalian 10-02-2005 01:13 PM

a couple of races that might be worth reading

ok so its friday night and im feelin right oh what a night...........neways the races. im on my way to my friends house to go racing when i see this pack harleys and i pikced on this one guy that kept takin off and slowin down, well i go up next to him and rev it. it was funny cause it seemed like he had never heard nething louder than a harley. well we took off at the light and i let him get the jump cause he had to feather the clutch out on the start. we get goin and i pull up next to him, ease out of the gas then flash my brights and laid into it. when i stopped at the next light he pulls up abt 30 sec later and says man wut u got done so i told him and that was that. saturday night rolls around and my friend just got a new cts-v so he's all talk abt how he can kick my ass so i told him to $400 on the table and lets run. he has exhaust and no cats, and a k&n filter and different rims with slicks. we started at 20mph and took off it was a good race i beat him by 4 cars and shut it down at 156.

SSlow 4.8 10-02-2005 01:31 PM

lol i think harley bikes are slower than harley trucks...

how did u know you were going 156? I'm not too familar with your setup... but be careful going that fast on a stock driveshaft :eek2: nice kill those.. those cts-v's are quick for caddy's.

joewee350 10-02-2005 02:29 PM

Was this a 2 mile race or something? 156 take some doing in a truck. I thought aerodynamics would hinder speeds that high without some serious HP/TQ. Im having a hard time believing you beat a CTS-V by 4 cars to 156...seems like after 100 the wind would be knocking you down and he would be cutting through it. Anyway...definitely a good kill.

OrlandoFL4.8 10-02-2005 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by joewee350
Was this a 2 mile race or something? 156 take some doing in a truck. I thought aerodynamics would hinder speeds that high without some serious HP/TQ. Im having a hard time believing you beat a CTS-V by 4 cars to 156...seems like after 100 the wind would be knocking you down and he would be cutting through it. Anyway...definitely a good kill.

:stupid:

I havnt heard anyone going that fast in this forum before- even with the heavily modifed trucks that are in here. I really dont know what the top end is on these trucks are, but why so fast, that would have taken a long time to reach with your set up, if its even possible. Anyway, congratulations.

ranwalk 10-02-2005 05:21 PM

I have been reading through some of his other post. Thats right, im bored and have nothing better to do today :jest: I gotta raise the :bs: on this.
You cant beat your buddies STI but you put 4 lengths on a CTS-V that would easily run side by side with the STI. :eyes:

CAMMIN03' 10-02-2005 06:01 PM

BS......

Dude you dont have to get on this board and post up stupid ass stories like that...

Get out of here!!

PEDRO 10-02-2005 06:18 PM

my stock 4.8 beat a lightning lol i can lie aswell

CAMMIN03' 10-02-2005 07:05 PM

Dude I was there and saw that.... So you know its true!!!

hahah

GoldenVelvet 10-02-2005 09:35 PM

:lurk:

BigBadBoy 10-02-2005 09:48 PM

if you can't beat an sti with your set up then u must not really have wat u say you got. haha sti's aren't anything. think some1 needs a reality check

sumoitalian 10-03-2005 11:45 AM

actually guys there are a lot of trucks that can hit 156 especially lightnings and srt-10's that can reach that no problem if u dont believe me thats ur problem but if u must kno i never sprayed on my friends sti. and this guy i did. i didnt kno i had to be specific abt everything i say, and yes i over exaggerated a little maybe a car length or so i dont kno its not like i have the time to sit there and watch behind me while im driving. ill race the guy again and get it on video so u can see. and then maybe, just maybe yall will believe it but for the mean time all i have in my defense is what happened. reminder dont be ass holes until u got the facts straight. oh yea and as for the speedo i have a digital speedo setup so say wut u want

sumoitalian 10-03-2005 12:49 PM

oh and for the guys that readin this i finally got my project c10 done. just how do i get the pictures to post them on my sig

GoldenVelvet 10-03-2005 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by sumoitalian
oh and for the guys that readin this i finally got my project c10 done. just how do i get the pictures to post them on my sig

Put the URL of the pic between the [IMG] [/IMG] tags

TG02Z71 10-03-2005 02:52 PM

Mine goes like 220mph man!!!! :jest:

PEDRO 10-03-2005 03:24 PM

maybe sumoitalian can show up at some street races around dallas on tuesdays and thursdays it would be nice to c his truck run on these unsuspecting cars and trucks take 183 exit regal row take a left and ull c them street racers

joewee350 10-03-2005 04:35 PM

Calm down man. I wasnt saying your truck couldnt hit 156...just asking how long the race was for you to hit it. Details are your friend when posting a story about hitting 156 and beating a CTS-V. Once again...nice kill.

SSlow 4.8 10-03-2005 04:46 PM

why would you get all defensive if you know its true. Dont worry about it so much... get a video and prove it. But, answer me this... i know that the driveshaft in these trucks are really unbalanced over 110mph... do u have an aftermarket driveshaft? Once again, not too familar with your setup.

CAMMIN03' 10-03-2005 10:23 PM

160 is up there with a Corvette...

Please take apicture of your digital set-up.....

And please take a picture of the lighting that goes 160 mph!!!

Must be like a 6 mile race!!!

sumoitalian 10-04-2005 08:08 PM

yea i hear what yall are sayin but i had this one guy a while back on here that wouldnt stop givin me hell abt my setup when i had absolutely nothing done to it and it just seemed like yall were hittin with some of the same shit, my bad. yea man i wouldnt mind goin out there thanx for directions. it took us a while and beltline runs forever and is a really nice straight away down here especially when u get all green lights. and update on that i figured what yall were sayin made a shit load of sense and he was laughin at me when i called him up and asked him if he let out, u kno what he said "yea man i let out to abt 3/4 of the way when we hit 110, he said i didnt want u to get ur hopes up then crush them in an instant". so i admit i feel like an ass but oh well u win some u lose some in this case i lost and i accept that. but none the less im a good sport abt it and will get a video of the race again prolly within the next two weeks, so thanks guys

SSlow 4.8 10-05-2005 03:55 PM

u kno what he said "yea man i let out to abt 3/4 of the way when we hit 110, he said i didnt want u to get ur hopes up then crush them in an instant". so i admit i feel like an ass but oh well u win some u lose some in this case i lost and i accept that. but none the less im a good sport abt it and will get a video of the race again prolly within the next two weeks, so thanks guys

Besides the race with him... I'm just wanting to see you hit that speed. A video of that would be pretty awesome in it's self. I'm not doubting you yet, I would really like to see that tho, bc that would be something serious. I think the highest I have went before i shit myself was like 131 and only reason how i knew it was that fast was bc I did a fly by on the interstate and my friend had a radar gun... still have stock gauges :(

sumoitalian 10-05-2005 05:00 PM

damn dude thas pretty cool, i can try and find the link where u might be able to find a guy that can give u the setup i did. i have my regular gauges with a gauge pod that kicks in at 95mph and its all digital from there. it cost a little bit but it works

SSlow 4.8 10-05-2005 05:45 PM

damn dude thas pretty cool, i can try and find the link where u might be able to find a guy that can give u the setup i did. i have my regular gauges with a gauge pod that kicks in at 95mph and its all digital from there. it cost a little bit but it works

ya do that for me, thanks man.