Newbie here! Hello

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Newbie here! Hello

Hey new to this forum so thought Id post up. I have a 97 Dakota ext cab with a 5.2, she has 199630 miles just went and checked. Runs great too. I just had the timing redone new gears and what not on it since it jumped timing and wouldn't start. Yeah that was no fun. Anyways I want to mod it up a bit and get some more power! who doesn't want too? So Im stumped on alot of spots here.

One is Exhaust I have a super 44 flow master on it now and it sounds decent not as loud as I thought or wanted it to be. I feel its robbing my low end like mad! I hate it. So I'm at cross roads for redoing my exhaust. Thinking of either Spin tech pro street 3'' cat back or 14'' magnaflow 3'' cat back. Also want to get rid of my cat and grab me a high flow cat, Something along the lines of a dynomax super converter or a universal magnaflow cat. Going to swap out the old Y pipe for a new one when I get my flow tech shorty headers dont know how much a shop would charge for new y pipe. Yeah thats my exhaust idea's so far.

Next Id like to get a fastman 50mm throttle body. Heard great things about those. Also hopefully get a flex-a-lite black magic 180 e fan and install a 180* thermostat.

Possibly do a set of 1.7 Harland sharp roller rockers bolt on. do I get non adjustable or adjustable? whats with that? still debating this idea.

Then a Edelbrock performer rpm air gap intake manifold only one i found so far at a decent price that will fit my truck.

I'm not into doing a cam or gears. Just gonna leave that alone.

Was thinking about doing a set of pulleys from march performance but not to sure about that now if want to or not.

Like to get a tuner too. Been thinking about either a hypertech max energy or a SCT tuner.

Right now I have a home made cold air intake kit set up. IF all goes well with money in the future. I'll crap that and get me a AFE Cold air intake system, I really like the design of it.

Everything that's what I've been throwing around lately not sure about everything but give me your opinions and what not would really appropriate them.

P.S. If anyone knows of where about I could find a set of stock fender flares for my truck please let me know. I cant find them anywhere!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:07 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum, good luck with your 'project'!