2004 ac actuator relearn help

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 ac actuator relearn help

i have been told i need to do a relearn procedure on my 2004 dakota slt 4.7l ac system but no one seems to know how to do it any help would be great
Old 11-22-2017, 12:57 PM
Teching In

I'm not sure what you mean by a relearn procedure.... I've got a 2002 Dakota QC, and I've never had to have the AC relearn anything..... I'm guessing you may need to recharge the system, but from the information you provided, I'd say more details are needed...
Old 11-22-2017, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Mode door not working correctly it does switch from vent to defrost etc but no matter what it always blow out the defrost a little if I set it to dash vents it blows out of dash vent and a little on the defrost as well it’s annoying as it fogs the windshield at night someone told me that the actuators may need to be recalibrated Like on the caravans and Durango’s
Old 11-22-2017, 02:13 PM
Teching In

The problem you are experiencing, has to do with the Accator door, as you mentioned.... To fix it your entire dash will need to be taken apart, and the heater box which contains the core & blower motor will need to come out..... This is a tedious process. I literally did this last night with my friend to fix my heater situation, along with other problems I was having...... It is best to do this with a friend, as your dash will need to be removed, and their are 3 connections on the fire wall as well. It's not a fun job at all which is why it cost some much to have a shop do the work. If you can live with it, I'd go that route if not, got a your favorite beverages and a friend and tear into your rig..... When it's done you'll have some memories to talk about I'm sure of it.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 91DakBuilder
The problem you are experiencing, has to do with the Accator door, as you mentioned.... To fix it your entire dash will need to be taken apart, and the heater box which contains the core & blower motor will need to come out..... This is a tedious process. I literally did this last night with my friend to fix my heater situation, along with other problems I was having...... It is best to do this with a friend, as your dash will need to be removed, and their are 3 connections on the fire wall as well. It's not a fun job at all which is why it cost some much to have a shop do the work. If you can live with it, I'd go that route if not, got a your favorite beverages and a friend and tear into your rig..... When it's done you'll have some memories to talk about I'm sure of it.
ok thank you for the info I’ve done a few dash jobs mostly mustangs as they have crappy Evap cores and I do need a heater core so sounds like it time to pull another dash lol