PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My ultimate daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 766 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaggy2dope
Word. Thats encouraging.

I haven't matted it yet, but rolling into the throttle is so much freaking fun! This is exactly what I was going for.
The throttle response when mashing a PD blower is the best part! I can tell you for that those Michelin tires aren't going to last long.

Whats your cam specs? I've had a TSP cam kit sitting in my garage since Black Friday waiting on me to buy a full 8 rib setup and Mishimoto radiator to toss in all at once. Those should be here in the next 2 weeks and I'll be tearing mine down.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
The throttle response when mashing a PD blower is the best part! I can tell you for that those Michelin tires aren't going to last long.

Whats your cam specs? I've had a TSP cam kit sitting in my garage since Black Friday waiting on me to buy a full 8 rib setup and Mishimoto radiator to toss in all at once. Those should be here in the next 2 weeks and I'll be tearing mine down.
Hahaha, yeah man, tires wont be happy. Tire smoke was part of the plan! Burnouts and smiles!

Cam is 223/235.

I'd be excited to see your 8 rib kit. Let me know if you want some company. I'm pretty good with a wrench and bottle of beer!

How big you going with your cam?
Old 04-07-2019, 07:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 766 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaggy2dope
Hahaha, yeah man, tires wont be happy. Tire smoke was part of the plan! Burnouts and smiles!

Cam is 223/235.

I'd be excited to see your 8 rib kit. Let me know if you want some company. I'm pretty good with a wrench and bottle of beer!

How big you going with your cam?

I wish I was still in DFW I moved back to Orlando mid last year. It seems theres no PT.net guys out here. However If you ever need a shop to fabricate anything my buddy owns a shop out east of Dallas called The Rust Lab his work is down right art!
The pulleys should have been done a long time ago but dang they are expensive. I've only killed one belt in 25k hard miles and it was during some rev limiter bouncing. I did like you and spent a lot of time and money rebuilding all suspension and drive train so $1200 on pulleys wasn't on the table during the blower build.

My cam is very mild as I tow occasionally, take the truck off road and generally didn't want anything crazy. Its a TSP stage 2 212/218 with 118 lsa. I went ahead and had them send me every gasket bolt and everything else ill need as it will be my first cam swap.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
I wish I was still in DFW I moved back to Orlando mid last year. It seems theres no PT.net guys out here. However If you ever need a shop to fabricate anything my buddy owns a shop out east of Dallas called The Rust Lab his work is down right art!
The pulleys should have been done a long time ago but dang they are expensive. I've only killed one belt in 25k hard miles and it was during some rev limiter bouncing. I did like you and spent a lot of time and money rebuilding all suspension and drive train so $1200 on pulleys wasn't on the table during the blower build.

My cam is very mild as I tow occasionally, take the truck off road and generally didn't want anything crazy. Its a TSP stage 2 212/218 with 118 lsa. I went ahead and had them send me every gasket bolt and everything else ill need as it will be my first cam swap.
Right on. Thanks for the recommendation.

I've got an 8 rib kit also, but the crank is 10%OD. I figured I would give this little 4.8 a chance!

That cam is closer to what a sane person would do. The guys at TSP were super friendly and great to deal with. Have fun with your swap!
Old 04-08-2019, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Great thread. The picture of the blower tucked in bed had me LOLing.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Great thread. The picture of the blower tucked in bed had me LOLing.
Hahahaha! I was hoping someone else found that as funny as I did!
Old 04-09-2019, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I wanted to buy that blower from him but you had already snagged it when I found out he was parting out the truck. I did get the trans and some other stuff from him though. I would love to check the truck out sometime and see how the blower feels on the 4.8. The 03 RCSB I picked up for a daily about a year ago is great but the 4.8 is definitely lacking in the power department. I go back and forth on what I want to do with it and have been piling up parts for when I actually get around to moding it.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thunderwagen
Man I wanted to buy that blower from him but you had already snagged it when I found out he was parting out the truck. I did get the trans and some other stuff from him though. I would love to check the truck out sometime and see how the blower feels on the 4.8. The 03 RCSB I picked up for a daily about a year ago is great but the 4.8 is definitely lacking in the power department. I go back and forth on what I want to do with it and have been piling up parts for when I actually get around to moding it.
Right place, right time man. He posted his new throttle body and intake tube that he had JUST finished installing. I thought, damn, something went down, better pay attention.

I'm jammed up the next couple weekends, but I'd be happy to let you check it out. It's too much blower for the engine, but it sure is fun! Lots more power!
Old 04-09-2019, 01:03 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Hell YES!

A man after my own heart... a nice PD blower on a 4.8! You will love the cam as you add boost.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a Radix on the LQ9 in my VHO back in the day then went turbo on it and ended up with a built motor and 80e before I put that truck back to stockish and sold it. I miss having that kind of power in a daily and need a blower in my life again. I'm putting the 370 and built 80 out of the VHO in my 1990 GMC. I was going turbo on it and had just about everything to do a big T6 setup gathered up but decided to pull it all off and go back to a supercharger on that one too.

Im sure your truck just got a whole lot more fun to drive even if it is way more blower than that 4.great needs.

Quick Reply: My ultimate daily driver