PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My 2000 Silverado project

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My 2000 Silverado project

so i looked for awhile to find a truck to drive and keep the miles off my 2011.

Ideal candidate was a 00-14 2wd reg cab black v8. Looked for awhile and came across a few that were close but ended up being out of budget, had title issues, didn’t pass the carfax, or something didn’t seem right. I had pretty much given up and went looking at the dark side and shopping for something like an accord. Then I went out of town and my wife called me and told me she found my truck. I figured it wasn’t anything close to what I wanted, sure enough sent me pics and it wasn’t.

Pewter reg cab, V6, pretty awful wheels...then she sent me the odometer pics.

70,000 miles...everything else I looked at showed 125,000 miles plus and figured this one was a fluke and carfax would show 200,000 like the others I came across.
Carfax came back legit, I thought about it and decided to get it. I could live with a v6 and different color. After all this was just gonna be something to drive to keep the miles off the other truck, nothing else. Told the wife to pull the trigger, got a friend to go with and make sure nothing was obviously wrong with the deal and it was in the driveway that night.

Got back home and looked over the truck, it needed a good detail and the toolbox and moldings had to go away. Spent a day cleaning it up, got the moldings off and toolbox out and some work with some chemical guys products to get a little shine back.

It looked better, but still had those wheels...Placed a call to a friend back home and then the UPS man showed up

Much better, kinda regret 22's and not sticking with 20's but that's probably going to change later down the road. Had a bit more rake than I wanted so I lowered the rear with a 2" shackle and it gave it a stance that I liked.

Then I started regretting the whole v6 thing....

Last edited by Navi; 01-19-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

So a guy from work had a truck with a 6.0 that was getting up in miles and wanted to swap the motor, i offered to buy it as a core and next thing you know...

It was lacking a harness and ECU and a few other things to make it complete but the price was right at the time. Now it was time to start shopping for the remainder of things needed. Along comes New Years eve and a somewhat local place had a sale on a complete dropout LQ4/4L80. I might be known for making bad spontaneous decisions, well add this one to the list. So this is as far Ive gotten, have to go pick up the LQ4/4L80 this friday. I'm in the debate of what to do with the other engine but thinking it will be a good one to buy a rotating assembly for and swap in later. Also debating whether to do the cam and 243 heads prior to the swap or saving that for when the original motor I bought is ready to swap in. But then again this is just a truck to keep the miles off the other...
Old 01-19-2019, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Navi
But then again this is just a truck to keep the miles off the other...
i told my wife i had no intentions on modding my 04 it was so i dont have to drive my zo6 every day lol at this point i have a lq4 h/c/i waiting to go in lowering kit stall for the 4l80e i swapped in last year and on my 3rd set of 20's

nice truck i had a 04 that color sorry i sold it part of the reason i got my currant 04
Old 01-29-2019, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

So the New Years Eve purchase showed up today. After specifically requesting DBC harness, guess what shows up....DBW.

now what do I do

Last edited by Navi; 01-29-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think you can still use that harness? i know the ecu has to be setup for DBC tho when my son sent his ecu to get programmed for his swap we found out the hard way it was setup for a DBW tb

so i think you maybe can just pull those wires out or just cut them off and tape every thing up maybe? i would call the company you got it from and ask them to be sure
The following users liked this post:
Navi (01-29-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

Well I put all my 6.0 swap issues behind me and decided to go with a 5.3 instead.....

Now to save up some pennies for a supercharger and try and figure out what drop kit is on this.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ha! thats one way to solve the problem lol

nice looking truck man