PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Marshal's 2002 Silverado Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 12:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,433 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Drive shafts, wheel hubs, alignment, bushing wear up front, ISS, etc.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the tire is out of balance. going to take the truck back in and have them check that.

on a different topic: I drove the truck last night for the first time after dark, and i couldn't see the instrument cluster. none of the lights were on showing the speedometer or any gauges. this morning I checked the fuse box behind the cover on the driver side and didn't notice any instrument panel fuses. Any idea where the fuse is for those, or what else I should be checking?

One more different topic: I got the truck tuned by a friend somewhat local, and I love it. in the mile I drove it last night, i was very impressed, even though I was paranoid because I couldn't see how fast I was going.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:16 PM
Teching In

I've been looking at the rpo codes, and it has the G80 locking rear differential with a 3.73 final drive. The truck also has memory seats with heat on both. Still need to test them and see if the heat works. I don't really care if the memory seats work.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:46 PM
Teching In

I bought a set of long tube headers off summit racing, a new set of spark plugs and wires, a walbro 255 fuel pump and updated the tune with a different tuner. truck is night and day different. those headers really woke it up. I did find out that I had a true dual 2.5" exhaust when I bought the truck, so when I installed the headers and Y pipe, I had to figure out how to put a catback on. I ended up with a 3" exhaust and a flowmaster muffler. It sounds great. I had the truck all loaded up to haul a couch across the state of Wyoming so I would have something to sit on in my work apartment, and when I fired the truck up, the check engine light came on, and I busted out the HP Tuners to check the code, ended up being the upstream passenger side O2 sensor, so I had to unload the truck, and get in my puny little 2017 Cruze to get to work. The new tuner raised the rev limit to 6000, because the specs of the cam dictate that it makes its power higher in the rpm range. and when he did that, the truck responded much better. Previously it was set to shift at 4500 at full throttle. At this point I still want to drag race it, so i'm thinking of doing some weight reduction, like pulling the spare tire off and removing the rear seat.

The last thing I wanted to mention is that we (me and my tuner) segment swapped the tune, so all I need to do is install a flex fuel sensor and I'll be able to run E85. I have checked my scan's and I have plenty of headroom to keep up with the demands E85 place on the engine.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Congrats I've always loved the body style. Miss my 99 EC sometimes.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:07 PM
Teching In

I bought some more stuff for my truck. I picked up a Innovate LC-2 wideband, shift kit for the 4L60, and a corvette servo. also pulled out my cabin air filters yesterday, only to find the parts store was closed, so I ordered some online because I have to leave for a few weeks to go to work. also going to change my transmission fluid and filter while i'm in there. the flex fuel conversion kit should be here this week sometime, so i'm really hopeful about getting that installed asap too.

The drag strip was supposed to be open this last Saturday, but it snowed the night before and they scrubbed the event. It's an 1/8th mile. there is another drag strip in Colorado about 3 hours from where I work, but I can't race there yet because I don't have a racing helmet, but that is the next thing I will buy.

the other thing I bought is a TBSS intake manifold. found them brand new on amazon for 150 bucks. I know I could have gotten a complete setup that was used for that price, but I really like buying new and knowing there are that many less variables that can go wrong.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:43 PM
Teching In

I found a 14 bolt 9.5" 6 lug rear end locally, and am going to go look at it tomorrow. the guy is asking 60 bucks for it. i'm wondering what is wrong with it as to why it is that cheap.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:59 PM
Teching In

OK, I am now the proud owner of a 14 bolt 9.5" semi float rear end. it has a 3.42 final drive in it and drum brakes. my truck is a 3.73 so I'm going to have to change the gear ratio. I am also planning on doing a limited slip differential in that rear end. I also took the truck drag racing the other day. I ran 3 times down the strip. my first time was a 10.50, my second run was a 10.55 and my third run was a 10.66. these are all 1/8th mile runs. my first run I launched in 4x4 auto, my second run I launched in 4 high and my third run I launched in 2 high. I was hoping for the truck to go faster, but still not bad for a 5200 lb truck.