PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I have no idea what I'm doing

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been at war with clinical depression for about 2 years. Know exactly what you're going through and not gonna lie, it sucks

Like you said, it does get better though. You just have to stick it out. Things got alot better for me recently when I started going to the track once a week. It gave me something to look forward to and a chance to meet new people and just get out of the house.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:18 AM
Staging Lane

The Burnout Truck that Burgers Built - /TUNED - YouTube
Old 12-17-2013, 03:31 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow I dunno how I missed the build. That truck is a bad *** ride for sure. Making great numbers also, the vid was sweet. It is actually great you can be open about your situation, alot of people can not, it has bad affects. Keep a positive mind set as best you can. Remember there is some one out there that is in a worse position. I like to live by the motto of the song '' Every little thing is going to be allright'' lol
Old 12-18-2013, 10:51 PM
FormerVendor

Sweet truck man. Gotta love the turbo
Old 12-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Glad to see you got it all back together and your having fun with it.

Sorry I missed the last update.

Also glad your doing better! Speaking from personal experience, Depression is a tough road. If you ever need to talk, don't be afraid to reach out. People who have not experienced it do not always under stand it or how it can affect the person suffering from it.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:54 AM
Staging Lane

The video was fun. Would have been better if they'd have shown more of the burnouts that they did. I'm not kidding when I say that they took a brand new set of Nitto tires down to the wear bars doing burnouts.

I've got a few small things left to do on the truck before I move on another project I'm hoping to get going. Also putting some investment in my future and going back to school soon. Possibly switching careers while I'm at it. 2014 is gonna be a big year...
Old 12-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Originally Posted by AceX
The video was fun. Would have been better if they'd have shown more of the burnouts that they did. I'm not kidding when I say that they took a brand new set of Nitto tires down to the wear bars doing burnouts.

I've got a few small things left to do on the truck before I move on another project I'm hoping to get going. Also putting some investment in my future and going back to school soon. Possibly switching careers while I'm at it. 2014 is gonna be a big year...
Can't wait to see what you have in store!
Old 04-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

The prodigal son hath returned...

Yea, I'm still around and still doing things to this truck I'm sure God and the design engineers would prefer I didn't. As we all know, young kids like me care not for financial stability, so I decided that I'm going rebuild the truck one more time and make it one of the most extreme examples of what should NOT be done to a small truck.

Name:  ochoa-sml2_zps93bf6212.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  50.4 KB

Shout out to the crew at KEG Media for updating the rendering to show the future of this truck. Speaking of which;
Originally Posted by Project Proposal
This is the third phase of Project Quickshift and it promises to be a truck that turns the idea of what a small sport truck can be, on it's head. Using the same proven and potent power plant as before. Thanks to it's forged internals and turbocharger system from STS Turbo, it will deliver over 500hp to the MHT Wheels wrapped in Nitto Tires which are tucked comfortably under McNeil Racing fiberglass fenders and bedsides. The front and rear suspension are being reworked with RideTech adjustable coilovers and custom parts from Jays Hot Rods in Sacramento. Corbeau Seats and harnesses will hold the occupants in place as Wilwood Disc Brakes bring things to a stop.
So, yea, things are once again, getting a little out of hand. I'm going to be working on the truck over the course of the next year. I'm taking care of the safety/reliability mods first which include a new intake and fuel system setup for a better/safer tune, new oil pan with baffles, and an Accusump system.

The ultimate goal is to win the Truckin Magazine 2015 Throwdown Challenge and be the first vehicle ever to make a second appearance on /Tuned. I also want to draw over 500k views with just one video this time. The truck was actually shown in 4 other videos for a little over 475k views at time of writing. I'm also going to attend a few shows, and run at Good Guys with it and of course hit some track days as well.

Next week it's heading in to Jay's Hot Rod's for a new 4" intake pipe, valve cover, breather system, and injector/fuel pump swap. I've got lots of cool little details I'm working on and I'll be sure to post 'em up.

Oh, and the truck runs 12.6 @ 109mph on my "wet weather" tires. Gotta say, they throw rubber real nice

Name:  1723085_679512948771575_249658671_n_zps96396cdc.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  64.1 KB
Old 04-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Nice!!! A lot of work to get done and be ready to compete in a year.

I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:45 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

BTW, Do you have any plans for the rear end in that thing???

Quick Reply: I have no idea what I'm doing