PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I have no idea what I'm doing

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 03:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, forgot, the truck is for sale. $15k.

Also, being filmed for /Tuned on the /Drive network on Youtube in 4 weeks.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in for more info on these willwoods
Old 07-03-2013, 04:06 AM
Staging Lane

Got the stereo working again. Feels great to be able to hear the $$$$$$ stereo.

Freebird!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by AceX
Oh, forgot, the truck is for sale. $15k.

Also, being filmed for /Tuned on the /Drive network on Youtube in 4 weeks.
Bummer to hear, I was really hoping to see what all you would do next with it.

Any particular reason for the sale??? Got anything new planed for after the sale???
Old 07-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

A house.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by AceX
A house.
Always a good reason!
Old 07-10-2013, 01:30 AM
Staging Lane

If I somehow come into a large sum of money (unlikely) I'm going to make it even more extreme. Slam it way down on some custom billets, prerunner style fenders and bedsides 305+ tires all around, and of course, moar power.

What it really needs at the moment is more cooling. These 100+ days are taxing on the cooling system, especially if I have fun with say, an SL600 Mercedes who think's he's hot **** and cuts me off at a stop light, then I proceed to leave him wishing his girlfriend wasn't in the passenger seat to witness the absolute destruction of his cute little "sports car"

Not that that very specific example happened or anything...
Old 07-10-2013, 02:49 AM
Staging Lane

I'm tearing apart the front end today to go have the QA1's rebuilt. Naake Suspension is in my back yard practically and the shocks are there for show because they don't work worth a physical **** right now, so off they go to get some love.

Hooking up with the guys at XS Power to get a new battery for the truck to help the load on the electrical system and my dad is trying to convince me to buy a 270a alternator for the truck as well.

In a week, we'll be paying Jay's Hot Rods a visit to have some small tweaks made, and then another trip to Motor Machine after that to get the tune smoothed out and also get the trans tune nailed down.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:44 AM
Staging Lane

So I've been hiding in the dark hole that I crawled out of a while back. Figured I'd see what this whole "Sunlight" thing was all about. Initial impressions were good, but prolonged exposure is not recommended

Anyway, So the truck was shot for Tuned back in August/September-ish, I forget, and Matt had alot of fun with it as you might have been able to tell from the 3 podcasts that it's been talked about, 3 Drive videos it's been used in, and the actual full length video is coming out soon. And then there's this pic;

Name:  1157614_576062569116614_1225637423_n_zps21c8afbc.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  58.1 KB

Shout out to Nitto Tire for the tires that were sacrificed to the gods of rolling burnouts.

So literally as soon as we got home from the shoot my family had some pretty heavy stuff to deal with. A woman who I really looked up to (my ex's grandma) passed away from the shortest battle with cancer in history (36hrs) and then my grandma finally passed away from Alzheimer's two days after we got back. It's something her and my family had been struggling with for a couple years. I knew she was just days away from the reaper's grasp when we went down south for the shoot and you'll probably see in the video when I start talking about my family that I get kinda misty eyed.

Things got so dark after this I almost quit my job and sold the truck, but thankfully I held out for a couple weeks and my boss helped to pull me out of the dark hole I'd buried myself in. Things are OK now and getting better. Grandpa finally bought the XLR he's been wanting since they came out and then bought a condo in Utah as a rental property so that's kept him and my family busy and allowed me to stay focused on regaining my composure at work and moving forward with the truck.

The first thing on my list is a retune. Ever since Throwdown I've been needing a good, solid dyno session. The tune we competed at Throwdown with was garbage compared to this new file that now makes 365rwhp/375tq on the same 12psi. We're running out of injector at the top end so before we go any further I'm going to install the 80# injectors + the meth kit I have and go for 450rwhp.

Name:  92ac6cca-a2c2-488c-a71d-e7fea3efe82d_zpsab3e8f37.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  86.9 KB

Next, I'm taking the truck over to Jay's Hot Rods to have a small section of the exhaust in charge piping reworked. We're also going to finish the testing on the front brakes and HOPEFULLY able able to offer it as a kit. Jay is so freaking busy right now it's ridiculous so it may be a while before that gets done. After that I'm going to get new x2 adjustable rear shocks and play with the spring pack to soften it up a bit and hopefully get it to hook. Right now my 60ft times are 2.3-2.4 and my 1/4 ET is 13.1 @ 108mph. Trying to bring that 60ft time down to 2.0 and run a 12.5 on street tires. Figure with some more power and slicks, I can squeeze a 12.0 out of the truck early next year.

Name:  20131014_162315_zps2a5e141a.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  62.8 KB

Other than that, not much to report.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Love the truck and loved your build

Sorry to hear about you slipping into "dark times" as I'm currently fighting my way out of a lifelong battle with it. I lost my job and most of my life because of this stuff and am slowly trying to get it back as well, so I'm glad to hear you're on the upswing.

Quick Reply: I have no idea what I'm doing