PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I don't know what to do with my hands.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 08:54 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

This thread is no longer about your build, its about your pup cute little fella, how old? Love Australian Sheperds.

Nice lookin truck, lookin forward to your updates.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:02 AM
100% Redneck

Received 1,329 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by Resolute_welding
Would anyone be kind enough to look over my tune to make sure i did the E fan patch appropriately? Also i got the PE adjusted, but would like a little info on where to adjust TM. If anyone reads this i would really appreciate any input.
My TM is disabled but you may not want to go that route.

I have a mail order tune (Frost) and this is the settings he did for the fans. So far everything is good and haven't needed to change the settings. I may lower the A/C fans disable mph speed. The main difference I see Is the A/C pressures which I really don't know much about, but my fans do switch on high with the A/C unit running during idle. You may want to go to the repository and compare a few files to your settings. I noticed your run time with the ignition off is 1 second (disabled) where he has mine set to 150 seconds.

Your fan settings

I don't know what to do with my hands.-e0dfxcz.jpg

My fan settings

I don't know what to do with my hands.-1b0ogsu.jpg

Last edited by RedXray; 02-27-2019 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RedXray
My TM is disabled but you may not want to go that route.

I have a mail order tune (Frost) and this is the settings he did for the fans. So far everything is good and haven't needed to change the settings. I may lower the A/C fans disable mph speed. The main difference I see Is the A/C pressures which I really don't know much about, but my fans do switch on high with the A/C unit running during idle. You may want to go to the repository and compare a few files to your settings. I noticed your run time with the ignition off is 1 second (disabled) where he has mine set to 150 seconds.
Thanks so much man! I just found these settings searching through the hptuners forums, and I don't have the truck with me so I can't just go out and test stuff out so I would like it to be right when I get the truck back so I can plug it in and go.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Picking the truck up this evening. Had a trans shop do the Corvette servo. It's been raining here all week and my new house doesn't have a shop. I figured with all of the pup comments I should change the thread title to " Photos of my dog, and some janky truck." But thought you guys would like to see how he barks at everything out of his window. 155lb Injectors made it in the mail.

https://youtu.be/TXVSOhnP1nk

Last edited by Resolute_welding; 02-27-2019 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Lol!!!
Old 02-28-2019, 06:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

If you still have the 60e, leave TM in. It only kicks in during shifts.

The servo will help.

Start an 80e fund.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by madmann26
If you still have the 60e, leave TM in. It only kicks in during shifts.

The servo will help.

Start an 80e fund.
Alright, guess I'll leave TM on for the time being. And 80e swap is already on the list lol.

On a plus note, there's so much more room for activities.

The PCM of NC harness is really well put together. I feel like the brackets were a little thin, but I doubt it'll hurt anything. I wanna throw the new bumper on, but it's cold and wet outside and I don't want to lay on the mud.

Bumper was wrapped in a good bit of bubble wrap so I decided to throw it on. If anyone has some decent oem tails they wanna donate I wouldn't complain lol.

Last edited by Resolute_welding; 02-28-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:36 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Don't waist your time with original OEM tail lights they will just delaminate if they haven't already.

The OEM replacement ones Sold through the dealer are made by Depo now.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am pretty sure you know what to do with your hands....

Great looking project!
Old 03-01-2019, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls6454
I am pretty sure you know what to do with your hands....

Great looking project!
Lol just making a stupid Talladega nights reference.

So on a serious note, how much did you pay for your 4l80e? I was offered $3500 for a 1000hp installed setup with no core, but I would rather go the HD2 route and let'er eat. So what I've found is:

$900 for rebuilt on CL, probably with crap parts

$500 bare minimum for 250k mile shipped to my house from eBay.

Haven't found anything around me in East Texas on market place. Kinda bummed out.... It's too cold for me to want to do the drop kit and I'm going to be heading to West Texas to go back to work for a while, but I did get these sweet LED LP bulb replacements off of Amazon.

​​​​​I just called a certain company to talk camshafts.... And the guy was short with me and kinda unfriendly.... So I'll turn to y'all. Do you think I'm wasting my time looking at cams for a stock motor? Also, should I even bother with head gaskets? There's not just a lot of info on head gaskets. I'd like to break 500whp on this motor. Idk, just feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. I don't really have e85 in the area, although I wouldn't be mad driving an hour or two to fuel up a big drum.

​​​​​

Last edited by Resolute_welding; 03-01-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Quick Reply: I don't know what to do with my hands.