PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

GMC Syclone #569 Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 09:41 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wasn't expecting this, but this end of the p/s coilover had blown the spherical bearing out. I have to order a new bushing kit for it, but we kind repaired it and got it back together for the time being.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:47 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Ok, last progress of the night. This was the bumpstops from the front. It was riding on them pretty hard, one of the big reasons I raised the front about an inch.

And this is me repairing the mounting tabs on the front cladding. These things are basically non-replaceable unless you luck out and find them used, so I'm adding metal tabs to them so that there's some extra support when I epoxy them back onto the cladding.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:38 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Chasing a noise that I thought might have been a lifter or rod knock.

Oil Filter cut and it was spotless. So I tore into the top end today. Didn't really find any answers...

Old 10-23-2017, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

That is the a2a, i have a dent in my fender from inside out from that bov top. Hope you get it fig out and dont give up and leave it in pieces, happens way too much with these trucks. But looks like you work fast at least!
The following users liked this post:
a2bcargo (05-11-2019)
Old 10-23-2017, 10:22 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by skolman91
That is the a2a, i have a dent in my fender from inside out from that bov top. Hope you get it fig out and dont give up and leave it in pieces, happens way too much with these trucks. But looks like you work fast at least!
I think I'm just gonna do a leakdown and make sure no valves are bent, toss in a new cam and lifters and throw it back together. I don't see anything wrong otherwise.

Do you have a recommendation for a cam that I can skip doing springs,etc for now?
Old 10-24-2017, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Their is someone that works at steve morris engines that use to be in the syty stuff who can spec and order you a custom one, i think his name is alex i forget.
If youre doing a leak down test it wouldnt be that much more work to change out the springs imo for piece of mind as im sure the stock ones are weak.
Im not much help sorry, im sure you would get alot more feedback on the FB group
Old 10-24-2017, 06:18 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by skolman91
Their is someone that works at steve morris engines that use to be in the syty stuff who can spec and order you a custom one, i think his name is alex i forget.
If youre doing a leak down test it wouldnt be that much more work to change out the springs imo for piece of mind as im sure the stock ones are weak.
Im not much help sorry, im sure you would get alot more feedback on the FB group

I ended up getting a deal on a Comp 412-8, new from a member on the FB group. It's a mild upgrade, but I'm gonna use for now. I ordered springs and lifters to go with it too, just gonna do them while I'm right there.

Haven't done the leakdown yet, still need to do that task before I start installing things.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:20 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Couple progress shots, I had the intake manifold glass beaded to get all the paint and nasty crap off.

I also have either a new heater core and non-ac hvac box or a heater block plate to put in. Can't decide...

Old 11-03-2017, 07:18 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Made some progress today. Finished the teardown, basically getting the front of the motor off and the camshaft out.

Then got the new Comp 412-8 camshaft in with new lifters and started on the valve springs and retainers. Only got thru one head before I ran out of time to tinker, but it is finally assembly and not disassembly so that's good.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

keep this thread going man. i love it