PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   PROJECTS GALLERY (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/)
-   -   CHRGDUP Denali (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/chrgdup-denali-550749/)

CHRGDUP_Denali 12-01-2019 10:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Haven't posted in a while bc i have done much of anything to the truck lately. Just bought a house and got married, so truck has been on the side burner. Recently, I noticed the truck was a little louder than usual, checked the exhaust and noticed 2 hangers had ripped off and caused some pretty big leaks (probably due from bottoming out when I only had a flip kit, also recently installed lift brackets on the leafs to make the truck sit properly without excessive air in the helper bags). One of the leaks happen to be on the side of the muffler. Could have easily been welded up but since the set up was louder than I wanted to begin with, I went ahead and bought the more expensive mufflers I should have bought to begin with (2) Magnaflows 12589. These are a bigger body and longer length than the originals. 4x9 18 inch body compared to 5x11 22 inch body, both 3" in/out. These are much quieter and have a nice deep tone and no drone. I love them and should have done these from the start. Here's a few pics of them. Will do a sound clip later on !

CHRGDUP_Denali 02-01-2020 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry I haven't posted a sound clip of the new exhaust set up. After the mufflers broke in some, they sound very similar to the old set up and are not too too much quieter like I had hoped.

But on a different topic, I ordered some Belltech coilovers for the front of my truck. It was about time for something new. When I removed the lift kit and lowered the truck, I had bought brand new AC Delco replacement struts, and planned to install my coil relocators on the new struts to lower the truck. Long story short, the AC Delco struts were a larger diameter than the OEM struts and the relocator would not fit so I had to end up using the old original struts. So, now I'm putting these Belltech Coilovers (part #: 15002) they are adjustable from -1 to -3 inches and are supposedly a big upgrade from Belltechs street performance drop struts. There is not much information on them on the internet and I've only spoke with one person who has them and they had nothing but good things to say. I will keep y'all posted on how they perform.

P.S. I'm sure there are better performing options such as Viking or QA1 that are proven but these are direct bolt-on from a reputable company and I got them at a discounted price from my work so win-win.

CHRGDUP_Denali 02-02-2020 05:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Few current pics of the truck

dantheman1540 02-03-2020 02:21 PM

That things a nice sleeper. So the Magnaflow 12589s got loud pretty quick? Do you think you blew the packing out?

CHRGDUP_Denali 02-03-2020 02:36 PM

Thanks! And I don't think so, they are a straight through designed muffler, just like my previous ones. They were just a name brand, this time, and a few inches longer. They seemed quieter at first but have since gotten a little louder, and in my opinion, are not much quieter than the other ones.

stroker87 02-03-2020 09:13 PM

if your looking to quite it down a little you can add resonators

i added some to a z28 i had it helped a lot with drone (magnaflow 4" round) but still sounded really nice and tamed @ wot, i used some from a friends 11 gt mustang he had sitting around

CHRGDUP_Denali 02-03-2020 09:15 PM

I've considered it but I don't have much space down there. It isn't horrible but I wouldn't mind it being quieter for sure.

stroker87 02-03-2020 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by CHRGDUP_Denali (Post 5476807)
I've considered it but I don't have much space down there. It isn't horrible but I wouldn't mind it being quieter for sure.

the ones i installed was only 12" long, huge improvement killed 85% of the drone and the exhaust sounded better to not so raw more tamed still made noise when i put my foot in it tho

CHRGDUP_Denali 02-05-2020 06:49 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Installed these today and they ride great! I honest super impressed with how good they ride, although I was coming from stock struts with over 200k miles... Set a hair higher than the truck sat before and it is pretty much perfectly level now! Definitely recommend so far, will keep y'all posted after more driving.

BigKID 02-05-2020 08:17 PM

Do you have matching shocks for the rear?