PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 03:55 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
For some extra motivation, i'm sure Quik will be calling out the world soon. He's gone absolutely nuts with his white/blue RCSB pickup (in a good way). It looks like he decided to skip tens and nines all together and wants to start with mid 8's as a soft tune up.
Stirring up old, crusty **** I see
Old 05-14-2019, 04:01 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by OLD BULL
Is there a thread to see his build?
Unfortunately George cannot control his natural troll tenancies on the forum, and earned himself a banning. He does frequently troll the perfomrancetrucks.net facebook page and posts pictures of his build. It is worth checking out.

Originally Posted by smokeshow
Yes. Competition is good.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Unfortunately George cannot control his natural troll tenancies on the forum, and earned himself a banning. He does frequently troll the perfomrancetrucks.net facebook page and posts pictures of his build. It is worth checking out.
Is George Conroy this Quik person you're referring to?
Old 05-15-2019, 09:43 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

yes he is
Old 05-15-2019, 03:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

to fix the kooks header touching the frame on the passenger side we pried the collector away from the frame when welding up the exhaust. i did a dual exhaust with an X so when we had everything welded up we removed the pry bar and the X pipe held it tight enough to clear the frame by over a 1/4 inch. mine was burried into the frame.

I've done that and I've also gotten the header real hot (start it and hold it at high idle then throw revs at it to get it hot) and quickly wrapped some foil around it and then looped a ratchet strap around the collector and the other end to the frame on the opposite side and just pulled it over a little. Both work nicely.

Last edited by 00pooterSS; 05-15-2019 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:24 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

For some extra motivation, i'm sure Quik will be calling out the world soon. He's gone absolutely nuts with his white/blue RCSB pickup (in a good way). It looks like he decided to skip tens and nines all together and wants to start with mid 8's as a soft tune up.
Originally Posted by smokeshow

Yes. Competition is good.
Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
Is George Conroy this Quik person you're referring to?

This buddy of mine texted me and told me to check this thread. Wouldn't tell me why so I bet him $100 it had to do with a certain white truck. Laughed out loud when I read it........got an extra $100 now!

I don't do the facebook thing so it's good to hear that "tool bag" is still playing with his socket set.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:49 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

You miss him don’t you.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:36 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
You miss him don’t you.

I'm some sick twisted way........yeah......I think I do
Old 01-02-2020, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any progress made lately???
Old 05-29-2023, 12:42 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Quick question about the upper control arms for my generation of truck. I'm pretty sure I've asked this a while back but don't feel like trying to find the thread, post and/or responses.

Are they interchangeable side to side? What I mean is that If you took them off, Could you put the one that came from the factory on the left on the right and vise versa? Not sure how many of you remember or have seen the custom front coilover conversion I did on my truck a while back and decided to use upper and lower arms from Ridetech (to save weight especially on the lower arms). Anyway,...one of the uppers they sent me was a blemish and they sent mee a free replacement. Even though they have stickers designating right and left, upon inspection of all three they all look identical geometry wise. So I decided to give them a call to ask and was told that yes, they are identical, however the way the guy was answering my questions I was left with little faith in that he actually had a clue as to what I was actually asking and even less confident in his answers. Unfortunately, I don't still have my stock ones to compare.

While the lower arms did save me a ton of weight, the uppers are actually pretty beefy and if I recall only saved about a pound each. I'm considering building a custom set of uppers to save even more weight and it would also allow my to build in some additional caster which is drastically needed for the purpose of my build. So, couple questions...

1. Are there any other aftermarket companies making light weight control arms for drag applications for my generation of truck (perhaps with additional built in castera0?
2. Are they in-fact identical side to side?

Quick Reply: Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More