PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Black LSX

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 01:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts

what would a better suggestion be? Right now its plumbed into one of my coolant lines from the tank.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:06 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

People do it, dont get me wrong, I just think there are better places you could do it. To the radiator low side end tank, coolant res, T in with the vent line from the rad to the coolant tank, etc. Basically anywhere high above the engine and low pressure.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:14 PM
TECH Regular

Got the coil packs mounted to the crossmember and bolted back up. Need to create spark plug wires and route them somehow down there and out of the way of my headers.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

got my coil packs relocated. now hopfully the truck will start up correctly. If I were to do this again I will do it with engine out of truck, some parts were a pain in the ***. I unscrewed my fuel lines that were wrapped around the main engine harness to free it up and move it off the intake. I need some suggestions on how to keep the loom off to the side. Ideally do no want to punch anymore holes in the firewall if possible. Also going to start working on where all my hoses are routed and get them wrapped in techflex hose since they are ugly as sin. I will have to extend a couple of sensors when i get my engine harness off the intake as well.

Here is the loom I am trying to decide what to do with it

Driver side wires running down the engine and over crossmember

Passenger side wires looping back and around to avoid headers

Bottom of the truck where my coil packs are and with the new coil harness

Old harness vs new harness

Old 10-15-2018, 11:52 AM
TECH Regular

Was able to wrap up most of this little project before it gets cold and days are short. Truck started up and idled fine so my spark plug i made were good and my soldered job on fuel injectors, but I have a small leak in the fuel regulator because I have to take off a hose to move the harness. I am guessing bad o-ring possibly. I took off all the old plastic loom on what wires I was working with and used techflex which looks a lot better and mobility is more. I will do the rest later when i have engine out next or something because leaning over this whole time to do this sucked. PLEASE excuse the drivers side valve cover as I painted it long ago, and passenger side i had to get a new one and never painted it, driver side looks like ***. So I will either strip the paint and put something more durable on or pay for some nice ones. Next spring I may address my hoses that are running every which way.

my ECM harness got fixed up

Fuel lines look a whole lot better

Old 03-02-2019, 03:35 PM
TECH Regular

Been too cold to do much around here, but starting to gather a few small things to relocate my battery, remove junction box, and got a set of valve covers in. I bought them from holley and it took over months to get them in. After multiple calls found out they are built to order so they need to add that to the product description. I need to replace my header gaskets, and fix a leak in my exhaust because both are leaking pretty bad.

A bunch of stuff to relocate battery, welding cable, heat shrink, mega fuse etc
​​​​​​
Old 03-02-2019, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

When i did my t56 swap, found an article where someone was able to use a envoy, trailblazer, or s10 sterring column cover. Since they do not make the silverado cover for a manual truck, unless someone knows where one is. I bought a trailblazer and it seems to be too short on the top. THe hazard button isnt the same but that is fine.

Another item is does anyone know how to remove the metal part on the old automatic shifter, I need this gone in order to put the manual cover over it. There is a pic below.

Old 05-03-2019, 03:56 PM
TECH Regular

So did a few upgrades here the last month. I updated my valve covers to something newer and better looking to accommodate coil pack relocate. Removed my red junction box and upgraded battery cables to bigger gauge. Relocated my battery and ECM. Put in new header gaskets and wheel wells or whatever they are called. Installed a coolant crossover line. Want to thank silentbravo and firebladejj for helping with electrical suggestions along the way.

Here is my old crappy valve covers i tried to paint

Got all my old battery cable out

Taking my old valve covers off

I like my new valve covers

Old 05-03-2019, 04:01 PM
TECH Regular

Starting to remove my battery, tray, and ECM mount

Running some 0/1 gauge welding cable

After a lot of measurement and deciding. I finished my cabled and added some mesh and heat shrink

Found my location for my mega fuse run

Got most everything mocked up for my wiring by the fuse box

Cleaned up my ECM harness a little but like the location of it. really free's up some space

Old 05-03-2019, 04:08 PM
TECH Regular

My felpros were leaking horrible so wanted to try these. They have worked well so far.

Defiantly a lot thicker

My coolant crossover line to remove my old rusted one. Will put the outlet in a better spot and dont have to run over the throttle body

My old setup

FYI i think its easier to remove header bolts with fenders out. have a direct access

Pretty please with how it turned out, no more junction box, coils, ECM tray. etc

Quick Reply: Black LSX