PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

AWD LSA Denali aka Z-NaL1 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 07:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Havent updated this thread:

Finally got the blower and all mounted, just need to figure out all the damn evap and vaccum lines. I dont know where to connect the evap line/vent coming out of the fuel tank to the supercharger.
IF anyone knows please help me out.

Pics for reference, i got my bucket gutted finally, and dropeed both pumps in.
I was thinking of cutting it since and putting the socks outside since i dont think ill get the venturi ordered in time for friday, which is when my tuner is coming out.

Talked to atomic, he recommended just dropping the pumps and socks inside the bucket with the return, i just dont know how itll be with running over a half tank full all the time, but it will at least leave me the option to come in and add the venturi later.

i added a loop on the line going to the bulkhead, but i just did it because i see guys do it all the time, dont know if theres any reason behind it though.

Also got my wiring done last night, the painless performance kits are pretty sweet, the wires measured out perfectly for my setup on a crew cab, just had to splice in my hobbs switch, which i spliced on the ignition wire, and everything else was a matter of cleaning and looming, and adding the ends to screw down.

you guys think i should keep my pump connectors inside the tank or extend the pump wires to outside the actual tank and plugs outside?

Im going to be bypassing and tuning out the FPCM so this is how i wired everything.
You guys think the HOBBS switch is okay on the ignition for the second pump?
Or should i do the power cable?

Also got my fuel pressure regulator mounted. Had a couple more 90 degree bends than i wanted, but for some reason GM likes doing 45 degree bends on everything for the LSA.

Got my radiator hoses and intake fabbed up, but dont have any recent pics of it yet.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice build
Old 05-28-2019, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

Anyone got a recommendation for spark plugs??
Old 05-29-2019, 09:39 AM
TECH Regular

Finally got my SC coolant lines, Heat Exchanger, and second oil cooler mounted.
I had to cut the black backing on my lower grill out, and mounted my second transmission cooler at the bottom.
Ill be running the stock cooler and the second one in line hoping for some cooler trans temps.
Used the biggest AFCO intercooler money could buy, still fit comfortably behind my grill with small modification and some custom L brackets i bought to hold it in place.
Overall very happy with the result. Didnt have to cut a single thing.

Old 05-29-2019, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks good!....as far as plugs it depends on how much boost you will be running but either the NGK TR6 or NGK BR7EF...check with your tuner, he should steer you in the right direction
Old 06-17-2019, 07:45 AM
TECH Regular

So after almost 4 months, we got this puppy up and running!

She sounds like a monster, but i spent a few days prior going over all my wiring, since i had to extend a lot of plugs, and since i went with an LS9 MAP sensor and tapped into the AIT sensor on the lid, i had to do quite a bit of wiring.

She fired up on the first try, and seems to be running good. I was having minor issues with my PCV setup, but decided to just run breather tanks to each valve cover, and cap everything off on the blower.
I had John Smith, from Smith's LSX come out and put a base tune on this thing, and now were waiting on another shop locally whos fabricating the rest of my exhaust. Im running Speed Engineering headers and X pipe, with dual Corsa Extreme mufflers.
Once the exhaust is done in a couple days, ill be taking her back to John and getting the rest of the tune dialed in.

Some pics...

Before:

After:

After finally seeing some sunlight and driving her around the block:

once i manage to figure out how to upload vids, ill post some
The following users liked this post:
Jonblarc7 (06-17-2019)
Old 06-17-2019, 02:37 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I love it!!! What a difference the before and after pics.... Do you have the part number for that heat exchanger? I really like the wheel combo also.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by D1SCSS
I love it!!! What a difference the before and after pics.... Do you have the part number for that heat exchanger? I really like the wheel combo also.
Thank you boss! Wheels are extremely dirty ATM, need to clean her up
Been a fan of your build since day one!

Heres the heat exchanger i ordered
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supercharge...wAAOSwstxVMIiS
Old 07-14-2019, 11:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any updates..? I'm about to pull the trigger with the same setup + torque cam.
at what rpm do you see the most torque?
Old 07-15-2019, 08:36 AM
TECH Regular

Finished tuning her last thursday, she runs strong.
Ive been babing it a lot, but id say from 40 and lower it pulls hard.

We ended up making 8lbs of boost on a 2.55 pulley and stock ZL1 balancer.

I fabbed up the exhaust myself, but man it screams, screams so loud i cant hear any blower whine.
Ill get some videos one of these evenings, unfortunately i dont have number due to it being AWD..

Quick Reply: AWD LSA Denali aka Z-NaL1 Build Thread