PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

another RCSB seams i cant go long with out one!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

not much going on weathers been crappy trucks just been sitting, need to pull the trans and go true it somethings not happy in there

got the crank and pistons in the block, next need to pull the heads off my car and grab the cam from it to put on this engine. finally used my snap on torque wrench love it! has the built in angle finder so it was so simple getting the main caps installed vs the cheap round torque angle gauge i used on the other engines

my son, a friend and his son wrote on the piston lol

this thing is awesome! picked it up for $100 could not say no to that

Old 01-26-2019, 01:09 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,329 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by stroker87
not much going on weathers been crappy trucks just been sitting, need to pull the trans and go true it somethings not happy in there

got the crank and pistons in the block, next need to pull the heads off my car and grab the cam from it to put on this engine. finally used my snap on torque wrench love it! has the built in angle finder so it was so simple getting the main caps installed vs the cheap round torque angle gauge i used on the other engines

my son, a friend and his son wrote on the piston lol

this thing is awesome! picked it up for $100 could not say no to that
Engine is looking nice!

That was a steal on the torque wrench. I used a sharpie on the bolts to get the correct angles. Pain in the *** doing the heads marking each bolt then cleaning off ink, remarking for the next torque stage lol.

Old 01-26-2019, 01:39 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by RedXray
Engine is looking nice!

That was a steal on the torque wrench. I used a sharpie on the bolts to get the correct angles. Pain in the *** doing the heads marking each bolt then cleaning off ink, remarking for the next torque stage lol.
Why would you not just keep rotating them? The line is just a reference...
Old 01-26-2019, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Atomic
Why would you not just keep rotating them? The line is just a reference...
i removed then marked the head bolts before to, the engine was still in the car and it was easier on my brain just to put fresh lines lol
Old 01-28-2019, 10:54 AM
Still moddin'

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

It's a shame those shiny parts have to get dirty
Old 01-28-2019, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Reckless
It's a shame those shiny parts have to get dirty
yeah it is lol
Old 02-03-2019, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

not much going on we had a super cold below temps here so really could not do to much

found a local guy who power coats pretty reasonable and since i never had any thing done i gave him the oil pan and front engine cover he sent me some pics, for $60 im happy i didnt have to clean them lol i also picked up a balancer puller got tired of renting them

Old 02-09-2019, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

found a guy on FB selling a good working 2004 4l80e that was rebuilt with only 70k (thats what he says) picked it up Really cheap a little more then what cores are going for, he even told me 30 day return if its bad so couldn't leave it, thinking im just going to put this one in run it and rebuild the one im pulling out with some upgrades and i can fund it

wanted to put a new filter and clean up the case some, but didnt have a trans holding fixture so i played around with my chop saw, welder & grinder made one pretty happy with it spent $15 for a 4ft peace of tubing and used some stuff i had around, mount the trans and pulled the pan not the best looking but not sure just how bad this really is? trans was drained and has been sitting for a while

my $15 trans holder lol

Old 02-14-2019, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

no turning back now

i thought the in side of a trans was suppose to be clean... yuck!

spent a few hours cleaning up every thing going to take all the parts to a local trans house hes going to look it all over and show me whats good and bad

Old 03-25-2019, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

finally rebuilt the trans! installed the transgo HD2 kit since my valve body was already drilled out but funny thing is it didnt have all the HD2 parts in it? any way got it in the truck last night today will be filling it and testing it out right after i replace the front wheel hubs discovered the passenger side was really bad (scary bad) but it never made any noise or shake? hopefully my attempt at rebuilding the trans will be successful

be nice to have my truck on the road again been down since December

Edit: got the truck on the road today trans is working but some issues not sure think it might be the valve body? posted about it

Last edited by stroker87; 03-25-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Quick Reply: another RCSB seams i cant go long with out one!