PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

86 c10 lsx build

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superchomper2003
Yes! Got my headers in today! I just ordered them yesterday! They look nice to!
Aren't those the 88-98 ls swap headers? mine look just like that..
Old 11-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Yes they are the 88-98 swap headers. I know must 88-98 swap headers will not work in this truck but I have been told that these will. I talked to a guy that has done it and he said they are close but dont hit anything.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:19 AM
On The Tree

Comin along good
Old 11-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Staging Lane

Got the drive train in and bolted up. Pretty easy just had to move back the transmission cross member back and 2 holes lined up so only had to drill 2 and notch the center hole out where the transmission mount goes in. Got the fuel pump installed in the passenger side tank and put the tank back in. I dont think I will put the driver tank back in. Im going to stick with only one tank on the passenger side for now. Plan to run the transmission cooler lines, install the headers, and work on the wiring some after work today. Still got a lot to do if I want this thing driving by sat. Hope I make it!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Well its getting a lot closer to being on the road. I got the intake and fuel rails finished. I modified the stock truck rails and injectors to work until I save up for some better injectors and aftermarket fuel rails. (Almost reached my budget for now) Primed the fuel system and no leaks so that's always good. Got the headers put in and they are close I had to just barely ding them in a couple places to keep them from rubbing the frame rails. They come out under the truck good and don't hang to low. That's good because I will have a 4/6 drop on the truck. About all I have left is throttle cable, accessories and cooling system to be installed, and transmission shifter then just finish a little bit of wiring and tidy it up. (Then I can start saving for a remote twin turbo set up ) You guys have any idea on how I can modify the stock c10 shifter set up to mate up to the 4l60e? I meant to order some magnaflow round style race mufflers but accidentally ordered some magnaflow glass packs. There mine now so I think I might go ahead and but them on and try them. My exhaust will be dual 2.5" with an x pipe. I love teh sound of the magnaflow mufflers and thats what I wanted so im wondering how the manaflow glass packs will sound? Think they will sound like regular cheap glass packs (I hope not) or have a bettersound being magnaflow. They claim to have some special packing instead of the glass stuff. Let me know what you guys think. Here are a few pics for ya.
Attached Thumbnails 86 c10 lsx build-intake-installed.gif   86 c10 lsx build-mag-glasspack-box.gif   86 c10 lsx build-mag-glass-pack.gif  
Old 11-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

Ok got everything hooked up and engine started! but it will only run a couple of secs and goes dead. Starts right up but dies after a few secs. Thought it could be a fuel pressure issue so I checked it and it came out good. I have narrowed it down to the fact the the injectors quit firing because if I spray starting fluid in the intake it will keep running. Could this be the vats system killing it? I ran the codes on the computer and it says that the computer came from an ls1 car. I took the computer of of a 5.3 truck though so I figured that it must have been tuned for the truck engine and that vats was probably turned off. Maybe I was wrong. What do you guys think?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep. thats exactly what VATS does.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

ahh so that is the issue. Thanks Wouldnt be a problem if someone hadn't stolen my hp tuners.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by superchomper2003
ahh so that is the issue. Thanks Wouldnt be a problem if someone hadn't stolen my hp tuners.
That sucks

hope you get it resolved soon. I like the updates so far of your build.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:51 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks, It should be resolved tomorrow. I just literally walked in the door from a hour an 45 min drive one way to one of my old buddies house who has hp tuners and borrowed it from him. So tomorrow I can remove vats and do a little tuning on her. But now Im tired and hitting the sack!

Quick Reply: 86 c10 lsx build