PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   PROJECTS GALLERY (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/)
-   -   69 c10 Step Side Project (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/69-c10-step-side-project-496243/)

pewterliftedz 02-01-2012 12:37 AM

69 c10 Step Side Project

Well i finally bought the first part for this truck. So i decided to post up a project thread.
This will most likely be an on going project in a few phases.
Here a pic of my old pewter, my new remignton, my lil sis blackie, and Ol' Blue
http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/IMG_0343.jpg

I bought these seats today, right now it has a bench and rubber floors.
http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/o...1-31213247.jpg

I bought them off of a local forum for $200.
They work out perfectly, they are both manual seats and the seat belts are integrated.

pewterliftedz 02-01-2012 12:46 AM

The truck has a I6 w/ 3 speed on the floor.

EDIT: plans have completely changed, truck will remain 2wd/I6/3 speed combo with some mods.

slowxcab33 02-01-2012 02:51 PM

I like those seats man. Good luck on the build. BTW that is a nice looking britt in the back ground.

dmelvin 02-01-2012 06:19 PM

Subscribed... I've got a 68' long box I'm getting ready to restore.

ak2007r6 02-01-2012 06:24 PM

Nice project. In for more updates.

Those seats are going to look sharp in there. Do you have plans to paint it in the future?

pewterliftedz 02-02-2012 12:04 AM

good eye slowx.. We breed brittanys and thats my female Cabela..

the only plan for now is to get it running and driving.. then the new seats and tires (the ones on it are dry rotted bad lol.)
It probably wont get paint for a couple of years.

low2001gmc 02-14-2012 04:21 PM

old trucks are nice to work on. if it wasnt for my 72 nova, i would have bought 67-68 chevy truck myself. youre like me.....from the rgv but lost out here in lytle near san antonio....lol...if i can help you find any parts lemme know....i know some people here and there....:popcorn:

pewterliftedz 02-14-2012 04:45 PM

cool man i'll keep you in mind. I'm having the truck sent to get completely rewired (there really aren't that many lol) once I buy some tires for it. I don't even want to drive the truck to the shop on the tires it has.
once it gets back i'll be installing the seats and driving it straight to the exhaust shop, its all rusted bad from just sitting.
also will be ordering a front disk brake kit and completely rebuilding the front suspension. New shocks, bushing, tie rods, and ball joints.

Ultimate goal is to weekend driving this thing around before summer comes in hard, no A/C in the truck haha

pewterliftedz 09-09-2013 10:40 PM

saw moregrips thread and it reminded me that I made this thread last year. My dad and I have been working on this truck on/off since last year. So far we have got it running really well.

Mods to date:
All aluminum radiator
flowtech longtubes with 2.25" dual exhaust. We used the mufflers off of my 05 mustang, sounds really good for a I6.
Mcgauhy disk brake conversion (more on this later)
and a new set of good year wranglers on a set of 71 blazer 15" wheels.

Truck has become my dads sunday cruiser, and he loves it. I have a Holley 390 cfm 4 bbl carb sitting at the house to add, but I still have yet to order the offy intake.

More about the mcgauhy brake kit on the next post.

pewterliftedz 09-09-2013 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
6-lug Mcgauhy's Disk Brake conversion:

Power brake booster was previously installed a few years back, and my dad has always wanted to convert the truck to disks up front. I bought the kit from Summit and bought a set of 71' spindles from a local pick-n-pull.

First off the kit includes rotors, inner/outer bearings, loaded calipers/hoses, and all misc hardware to install the rotor onto the spindle of your choice. The bearings that were included were crap and I decided to spend the cash and buy Timkens at the local Autozone.

In order to install 71' spindles on a drum truck it requires new upper and lower balljoints. This truck still had the original ball joints and tierods. This was my first time ever having to drill out rivets and change ball joints, spent alot of hours disassembling this truck. Once we made countless trips to the Auto parts store we finally got all the parts together and the truck reassembled really well.

Truck brakes alot better now and feels alot safer cruising around. Spent 4 days working on this pick-up in between heading out to the field to hunt white wing, man was there alot of crap to scrape off/ clean. Next up for the suspension is all new shocks, and I think we are done. My dad is looking for a painter to repaint the truck, and then we will do the interior.

Here is a quick pic during reassembly, you can see the longtubes under the truck as well:

Attachment 110703