PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

06 ecsb 6.0/80e swap skreet truck build

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

lol im changing the oil tomorrow regardless, just sticking to what dude that built motor told me.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:26 PM
Launching!

So ive been beating on it a bit. I've babied this thing for 4 years so seeing the tach go to 6k still makes the ol poop chute pucker. But this thing is fun AF.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:43 PM
Launching!

06 ecsb 6.0/80e swap skreet truck build-x8kwnb0.jpg

1600 miles on the swap so far. Getting dyno tuned next monday so we'll see how that goes. This thing is a blast. Mpg is god awful, burned through a whole tank of gas in pretty much 2 days driving around, oh well atleast it sounds cool.

Also raced a ccsb lb7 with a s369 and some other ****, I lost first one cause he got the hit on me but second race I got out and stayed ahead, definitely surprised the hell out of me!

When racing the passenger said my wheels were shaking pretty bad up front. The front end of my truck has never really felt fully stable with drop spindles, even with the coilovers. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Any suggestions of what to look at? Every single piece on the front end is new. Ucas, lcas, steering rack, tie rods, sway bar, links.. coilovers obviously...idk Im pretty convinced that drop spindles are garbage. I've ran the mcg 16 and 17 and they both suck.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:19 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Shaking is bad....like death wobble or not installed square to the spindle or balance issue?
Old 09-25-2017, 12:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Atomic
Shaking is bad....like death wobble or not installed square to the spindle or balance issue?
I dunno man, I can't feel it that bad in the steering wheel but the way he described it, it sounds bad lol.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Got some decent pics of the turd. Been throwing misfire codes and having converter lockup issues...hopefully I dont have to pull the trans. Will find out next week lol

Old 10-09-2017, 11:39 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Truck looks awesome.

The missfire issues are causing your converter lock up problems... can almost guarantee that. The PCM wont lock up while it knows (or thinks) there is a miss.

Can you feel the miss? Can you describe when it seems to do it most? It may just be some settings in the tune that should be changed post cam.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
Truck looks awesome.

The missfire issues are causing your converter lock up problems... can almost guarantee that. The PCM wont lock up while it knows (or thinks) there is a miss.

Can you feel the miss? Can you describe when it seems to do it most? It may just be some settings in the tune that should be changed post cam.
Honestly I've never had a cammed vehicle so idk for sure. I mean it doesn't seem like it. I got it tuned on monday and it ran fine, drove a couple hours to ocean city also ran fine, next moring I keep getting p0300 and flashing cel while im driving. It seems to run ok? I mean it's not breaking up or anything. I was told that if you don't max out the misfire tables with the 4l80e segment swap...I told the tuner this but idk man maybe he didn't listen cause the lockup is wildin out. I don't have hptuners even if I did I wouldn't know what to look for. Gonna have someone local check it out later this week
Old 10-09-2017, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 343 Likes on 263 Posts

Great looking truck
Old 10-09-2017, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Turned out to be a misfire! Number 7 had an intermittent miss which is what was throwing the code every now and then. Pulled the wire off and peeled it back, sure enough it was torn from being burned. The shop I took it to acknowledged there was a problem but chose to tune around it which made it run so so much worse. A friend of mine and local tuner took 5 minutes out of his day to find the problem, then spent the rest of the night re tuning it on the street. Man what a night and day difference! This thing rips, Im so happy lol