PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

$lowPoke Build (last day with the 4.8l)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darkirish63
Nice...I have an appointment on Jan 9th with Alvin to get her dialed in on the dyno. The daily driving part of the tune is great - just need to tweak what can be out of the build. I'm hoping to see #s close to what the stroker should be pushing (even on a heavy truck). Next up with be the LSXRT & bigger cam - keeping this one N/A. Where are you in NC, by the way?
I am actually right in Mooresville.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

I have to make the drive from Hope Mills just outside of Fayetteville but its worth the trip.

Did you notice any significant increase when you dropped on the LSXRT, by the way? I'm running a TBSS intake right now and am wondering if the expense is worth it. I mean, asthetically the LSXRT looks much nicer under the hood, no doubt but does the cost/benefit justify it? Did you install it yourself or did you have PCM do the install?
Old 12-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darkirish63
I have to make the drive from Hope Mills just outside of Fayetteville but its worth the trip.

Did you notice any significant increase when you dropped on the LSXRT, by the way? I'm running a TBSS intake right now and am wondering if the expense is worth it. I mean, asthetically the LSXRT looks much nicer under the hood, no doubt but does the cost/benefit justify it? Did you install it yourself or did you have PCM do the install?
I had the cam, tune, lsxrt, and everything done at the same time, so I can't tell you how much it might of made. Truck loves to rev, and from what I took away the lsxrt loves higher rpms. I also added a 90 mm tb at the recommendation of Alvin. I had them install because I have read concerns about vacuum leaks, this way I don't have to worry if a problem should arise.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Haven't posted to this in a while but...after ruining two version of my 4l60e I'm have an 80e built right now locally using a Jake's Stage III kit & the Circle D Triple disc is in its box in my garage waiting for the install. Should be going in next week. I know I'll suffer a bit on take-off with the 80e but having something solid that can take more than what I'm pushing HP and TQ wise is going to give me great piece of mind. Pics of the swap to come.