PHOTOGRAPHY Got a camera? Want to share your hobby? Post in here!

My hobby is powerlifting.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 05:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Some light exercise just to promote blood flow, then ice afterwards always helps mine, never heat.
Yes!
Originally Posted by Jeff71
It's my right arm/elbow and I've been trying to use my left arm for as much as possible during the day. I've been icing it in the evening and then I have a neoprene wrap that I've been sleeping in. The wrap is adjustable so, I just wrap it with some medium pressure and let it ride, although, overnight maybe too long to leave it on...? I've been thinking about getting some of the rubber floss bands to wrap it tight, get the blood flowing then take the wrap off, see if that changes anything.
I bought some sleeves with adjustable Velcro straps actually from Walmart. They are the Mueller brand black and green in color. I looked at numerous places and these were the best and not expensive like $9 a piece. Ice it at least a couple or three times in the evening if you have time. Do NOT do any heavy work and DON'T ever try to work through the pain let it heal. Tendinitis is serious stuff and it can just ruin you. Also pick up a simple pullover elastic sleeve for night use but not too tight or you'll just take it off. I like triceps cable pushdowns or even overhead extensions with a light plate like a 2.5-5 depending for very high reps like at least 20 but prefer 50. 2 sets. Or use a light dumbell and use both arms and drag the bad arm along. As Atomic said, bloodflow is what heals the area and the high reps but not with pain is the best medicine. Also anti inflammatory such as Naproxen otc for tendons. 4 a day no problem. May need prilocec otc 40's though for your stomach if you do that much. It took me 5 1/2 months to get back to my starting point last year after starting with 5x5's after the Summer season at work. Hope you get well soon buddy!
The following users liked this post:
Jeff71 (03-25-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 05:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BlackPanther6.0
man thats motivation for a 28 year old like me that weighs 300 currently

thinking back to when i was a senior in high school i weighed 180 and was bench pressing 365.

i signed up at youfit and can barely bench 190 lol its really sad.

God Bless and wish you the best at the meet!
Man you got the whole world ahead of you at 28! If only I could go back lol. That's very impressive! I met a kid last last that paused 315 at 132 bw and he's 18. It really made my day! SO! You have now signed up and taken that first step so you got this. You'll have your health back in a few months and once you get there it doesn't take much to maintain so let me know if I can help you with anything. I had cancer 5 yrs ago at 62-63 and lost 52 lbs of muscle and I've come back and you can too! At my age now 68 I've lost 40% of any strength that I'll ever have based on records. Guys in their 20s-30s bench mid 500's at my body weight. 365 is my current goal at 181 before I have to compete in the 70s+ or I may move up if I can eat enough to 198. My goal would then be at least 405. I'm having fun in the meantime though and I intend to do some damage tomorrow lol! Record's coming back to TX! God bless you friend! Talk soon.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Update: Sorry guys but the flu won, I didn't. Went for the record but couldn't lock it out. Gave it NO LESS than 100% though not 99.99. I'll compete again likely in 2 months and bring it home to TX for sure.. Thanks for your support!!!
Old 03-24-2019, 10:14 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Ah man, tough break! Did you get anyone to video the attempt for you?
Old 03-25-2019, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Yeah my family showed up so there should be vids of 1,2 & 3. I'll check...so exhausted from sickness and weight cut. Learning experience though.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Ted, how tall are you? I feel like the answer will have me feeling like a fat boy. I hover around 169-170, but am well under 6'. Even when I was "lean" and had a routine, I was 165-166. Now, have not touched a weight in years. Just have too many excuses and truly am very busy day to day.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 86 IROC
Ted, how tall are you? I feel like the answer will have me feeling like a fat boy. I hover around 169-170, but am well under 6'. Even when I was "lean" and had a routine, I was 165-166. Now, have not touched a weight in years. Just have too many excuses and truly am very busy day to day.
When I was younger I was just a small tic under 6'1" but you know how old people lose height lol. Barely 6' now. Reasonably lean but fixing to get much leaner for sure. The quick weight cut was hard on the old man. Oncologist appt. tomorrow and I expect good news. Hopefully still cancer free.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Yup, I'm feeling fat now... I am 5'7. You are in excellent shape for 68. Keep up the good work.
The following users liked this post:
ZO6Ted (03-27-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ted you are in some kind of good shape buddy, I've done a lot of lifting threw the years and was basically stuck for a long time around a 300 bench, so decided to have some blood work done and my test score was 60! on a scale from 200 to 1200 the way I feel could have been like this for years im 49 btw, so now im on trt doing one cc a week of cypinate just wondering what your opinon on this treatment was. THANKS and keep up the good work!
Old 07-26-2019, 10:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Warning: long but informative read for men.
Hey brother! Thank you for the kind words. To answer your question first, we have to realize these days our food supply is so tainted with garbage its unreal. The FDA is allowed to poison us because its all about congress selling us out for money. So many special interests. So pathetic. Even the deodorants and shampoos we use are filled with estrogen producing chemicals that totally kill a mans natural hormones. And soy protein has shown to produce estrogen in guys as well. A T level of 60 is pretty absurd and the fact that you could do ~ 300 in spite of this is a testament to your desire to exceed.

Before treatment, I was @ 171 at age 59 and still had sex 6 times a week and was very strong so it's not magic but it does make you feel better and healthier. Now at 68 and married to a younger woman I'm still killin' it lol. Trust me...you have not even reached your peak at your age. At my age however I have now lost roughly 40% of the strength level I would've been capable of in my 20's and 30's had I trained the same.

A normal level of a man's T levels actually is considered 400-800 but 200-1200 is acceptable. I know guys that stay at 4500 with no ill effects that their blood work can show but who really knows the long term effects. My opinion and recommendation is you are far, far better off to let a doctor treat you for low T and stay within the range of 800-1200 for best results as far and strength and sex drive is concerned. I do not believe it is worth the short term gain to risk long term ill effects that could damage your sexual function and your prostate and cause hardening of your arteries and your heart muscle.

They say 1 in 3 men get prostate cancer and if you live long enough you most likely will get it. I don't want that. It runs in my family so I get checked regularly and am always good. And yes I have been under a doctors care since 59 so 9 years. I really wasn't having issues at all but it does allow me to stay 5 lbs leaner and maybe 3% stronger. I've always been healthy thank God except for throat cancer 5 yrs ago when I lost 52 lbs of muscle in 2 1/2 months. It was devastating but I recovered.

Because I am under a doctors care I have to compete with steroid and drug abusers in my class but I still kick their *** so go figure lol. That's the reason I don't recommend drugs unless you have to have them. But the only problem I see with low T treatment is once you start you can't really go back but it's the same with any medication pretty much. I am a fan of treatment by a doctor but not the idiots in the gym!!! Carry on brother and don't look back. No regrets here. More records to set

Quick Reply: My hobby is powerlifting.