NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Nitrous Express Proton Plus kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nitrous Express Proton Plus kit

So my build is a fully forged internal 5.3 lm7 with a Torqstorm supercharger. I want to add some spray. I’ve been looking at the Nitrous Express Proton Plus kit and from everything I’ve read here and in reviews it’s a great kit expesically for the price point. I figured I’d start with a 50 shot and slow move up to no more than a 100 shot. Are bottle warmers and purge kits a must if I only plan I spraying on the weekends once in a while? Also, I’ve seen in various places than when nitrous is added to a forced induction system that the desired shot ends up being doubled (50 shot ends up being a 100 shot)...is that true? And if I get this kit the spray nozzle would go between the throttle body and BOV right? Thx gents
Old 05-02-2019, 03:07 PM
Scotty 2 Trucks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. You don't need a heater unless you run it cold or low. It helps with the pressure on cold days and when the bottle is low. You can always do the old redneck trick of taking a propane torch and heating it manually. You'd want a pressure gauge though to keep an eye on the pressure. There is an ideal range and you don't want to over pressurize it. If pressure is too low you get a weaker hit.

2. Purge kit just helps bleed any air out of the line. Without it you may feel a little lag when it engages and the solenoids open because the nitrous in the line isn't up to the solenoid. Ideally you want the solenoid close as possible to the nozzle and the purge very close to the solenoid. Don't need it, but it keeps the kit hitting consistently plus it's intimidating to your opponent if you purge. Unless you are trying to keep it a secret then you wouldn't want to give it away with a purge stream.

3. It won't double the output just because you're already supercharged. On supercharged cars I've seen it put the rated amount to the tires though. It helps because it cools the air down even more. Think of it like a chemical intercooler. So you're already getting condensed boosted air from your supercharger setup, now cool it below freezing and add the ability to burn more fuel and you'll get a good result. We sprayed 125 hp shot on a boosted Ford 3.8 and it picked up 127 at the wheels.

4. You would want to mount the nozzle after the blow off valve but before the throttle body. You want to give it as much space as you can so it can mix with the air better. That way if you let off and slam the throttle shut it blocks anything in the intake tract.

You didn't say what converter you have but you may want to look into a window switch to control when the nitrous comes on and off. If you only run a WOT switch then it may spray too early and blow the tires off and it's more stressful on the motor. Most like the spray to hit between 3000-4000 and cut off about 500 rpm before the limiter.

Amazon sells that kit about $50 cheaper than NX website. Good to know.
The following users liked this post:
Chevyss909 (05-03-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great info