PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   New Members (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/new-members-101/)
-   -   new member with a 4.8l silverado.. help! haha (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/new-members-101/new-member-4-8l-silverado-help-haha-441898/)

redsilvy 05-28-2009 11:37 PM

new member with a 4.8l silverado.. help! haha

I'm 21 and live in las vegas. I use my performance on my truck in the dirt as i'm building mine into a prerunner.

I'm interested in getting more info on engine internal mods.. cams, rockers, springs, pushrods.. etc.

Dont have the money to do a full 5.3 or 6.0 swap and i have the bolt ons and still need more power. Then i'll get my tune after.

I'll be looking around in threads and asking questions so i'm saying thank you in advance for the help!

MADS99 05-29-2009 12:23 AM

Welcome from Calif,You will find a lot of Great infor on this Site,Any pics of your Ride.?

GMCtrk 05-29-2009 12:30 AM

I'd recommend you'd contact a member by the name of "Zippy" here I know he recently just moved to Las Vegas and he's probably the most knowledgable guy I've met on these powetrains....he can tune your truck for you excellently. Tune should be the first mod you do.

LARRY01Z28 05-29-2009 02:06 AM

welcome.
you cant go wrong with a tune, i think a cut out would serve you real good with the flowmaster on there.
not a big fan of those. lol a cam would be a nice upgrade.

Blacksss46 05-29-2009 08:35 AM

welcome to the site! i agree go see zippy he lives out there and def. hook you up with all your performance needs.

tommy1005 05-29-2009 08:50 AM

welcome.....i would also say get rid of the flowmaster and put a real exhaust on there, magnaflow, borla, etc. something with less restriction.

1quickRST 05-29-2009 09:20 AM

Welcome to the site!

redsilvy 05-29-2009 12:58 PM

well thank you! i'll have to find zippy then!

and whats wrong with flomaster? i love mine and my friend had a magnaflow. he didnt like it at all and it sounded like crap. just my opinion.

and why wouldnt i just wait for the tune for after i do the other mods? if i did the tune first id have to retune after the mods i do. doesnt sound like good planning. but thanks for the input.

la_punisher4.8 05-29-2009 04:15 PM

welcome

outlawz2004 05-29-2009 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by redsilvy (Post 4215859)
well thank you! i'll have to find zippy then!

and whats wrong with flomaster? i love mine and my friend had a magnaflow. he didnt like it at all and it sounded like crap. just my opinion.

and why wouldnt i just wait for the tune for after i do the other mods? if i did the tune first id have to retune after the mods i do. doesnt sound like good planning. but thanks for the input.

YOu could do the tune now to enjoy the power until you do upgrade, at which time you can get a retune. Most tuners retune for free or a small fee, why not have your truck running the best it can now until you upgrade.:nunchuk: