New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

New guy on block

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy on block

I came to this forum to seek information on my 2008 silverado that I plan on boosting. Are list some out
1. How do I wire in a 3.5 bar map sensor or can I use the ls1 3 bar plug and play one.
2. The on3performance turbo kit I am getting gets ride of the stock y/pipe and cats whats a good high flow cat I can install?
3. Do I need to install a brake booster / evap system do to not making vacuum at the intake anymore.
Thing that's been dune to truck airaid intake, cat back exhaust, oil catch can, Diablo tune.
De
Old 05-26-2017, 11:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

You can use a 3 BAR ZR1/LSA map sensor but on a 2008 I think you need the plug connector as well, then you just need to match the wires up. You'll need a wiring diagram or search to see if someone has posted it on here. The later NNBS trucks like 2010-2011 and later it's direct plug and play.

No sure if the LS1 style has the same plug as your truck or not.

Magnaflow makes high flow cats, they seem to be pretty decent.

No need to mess with any of the brake boost or EVAP stuff, that can all be left stock. The motor will always create vacuum out of boost, it's just going to go away because a turbo was installed.

You'll need a custom tune with someone other than the diablo tune once you install the turbo kit.