PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   New Members (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/new-members-101/)
-   -   ls 6.2 litre questions (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/new-members-101/ls-6-2-litre-questions-547401/)

stone cold 01-09-2017 07:01 PM

ls 6.2 litre questions

I have built a 2012 chevy silverado crew that I ordered with the 6.2 motor. the motor is a flex fuel E 85 compatible. Motor is tuned on e 85.
current mods: procharger 3 with intercooler with 12lb pully, kooks long tube headers with race cats, Lingfelder GT 9 cam with spring kit and scorpion roller rockers, ARP head studs, snow water meth kit, MSD coils and wires. 373 gears with true trac carrier and cal trac traction bars.
Here's my questions. First off tuning ? anybody down my way worth a shit ?
second, Tires, Im running 18s on the back with the biggest fattest tire i could find, they are maxxis. Problem is I need a good street tire that will semi hook up. The truck is dangerous and uncontrollable, even at 55 mph, nail it and your sideways in a split second !
Third can I make this tranny work 6L80 THAT IS SHIFTING ALL OVER THE PLACE WHEN IT WANTS TOO...I have ordered a new 10 inch 2800 stall convertor which leads to my last question ?
I am currently tearing her down and doing a stroker bottom end so she will hold together. I am going to Lingfelder GT 14 cam, world industries cylinder heads, fast 102 big mouth manifold, nick williams 102 throttle body with nitrous sprayer plate with 150 horse 2 stage shot. Since my truck is e 85 compatible already are my fuel pump and injectors up to the task of this power range, im getting told the e 85 pump is bigger and can support 700hp along with the injectors ? If anyone can stomach this long post and answer or help with these questions that would be great.
Thanks.

FFDP 01-09-2017 07:46 PM

No way your factory fuel pump and injectors will support 700hp. Factory pump tops out around 550 and the injectors forsure being that they are only 52lb/hr.

You need a larger fuel pump and a minimum of 80lb/hr, I'd go with some 90-100lb/hr just to be safe on E85.

A few of the parts you want to buy aren't needed if your power goal is 700-900hp. You don't really need that intake, throttle body or cylinder heads but it's your money and not mine. You could work your heads for less.

A good tune make all the difference in a 6L80e.

stone cold 01-10-2017 04:35 PM

6.2 distress call

thank you, so my factory fuel pump and injectors are not different then a non e-85 compatible 6.2 litre truck ?
Im looking at an aeromotive duel pump and new injectors now.
at 6200 rpm she will hold at 55 to 60 lbs of pressure as per my gauge....
but at times feels like its running out of fuel, no detonation issues that I can see or hear, probably due to the meth kit but I just did not want to split the block in two until I get my new bottom end completed. I street race it on the weekends for now.

FFDP 01-10-2017 04:51 PM

The non flex fuel trucks have smaller fuel pumps and injectors.

Without a data log and tune file it's hard to see what the fueling is doing and if you have spark knock. I don't know how much power to the ground it's making right now but I'd guess that the meth kit is very much helping you out fueling wise.