New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

Fresh meat from coastal NC

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Fresh meat from coastal NC

I've been a member of the ChevroletSSS.com site since getting my 03 SSS somewhere around 8 years ago.

I have hung onto that site through a lot of change but it's gotten so slow and repetitive that I am looking for new inspiration.

I know that there are other members of the SSS site here, and I am following the herd.

name is Downeast Johnny over there.

The SSS was my daily for way longer than I wish it was. Bought a second truck to take on the DD duties and take the load off the SS.

I've gathered up a fair number of parts just waiting for the right time to install them on the truck.

Looking forward to benefiting from the knowledge on this site and hopefully add some to the conversation.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:21 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Welcome aboard!

What parts have you gotten?
Old 11-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! any photos? we love to see what everyone's done to make them their own.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 402 Likes on 317 Posts

Welcome! Where in N.C you from?
Old 11-11-2017, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
Welcome aboard!

What parts have you gotten?
Thanks for the welcomes, all you guys.

The truck is close to stock at this point. Volant dry CAI, 160* thermostat, iridium AC plugs, and a Zippy tune. Recently put an AMD cowl hood on her. (The silver wheels were pretty beat when I got the truck. Bought a set of chromes for her from a member on the SSS site).

Parts I have waiting in the GF's barn; 1 7/8ths ARH longtubes, Corsa Sport catback, electric fan, heavily modded 65 trans, TBSS intake, (No throttle body upgrade, yet and no injector upgrade), hydroboost set up, and Atomics coil over conversion for 2 to 3 inch drop. New OEM headlights and park / turn assembly's. (Am thinking about full paint and so haven't installed the lights yet.)

Man, I haven't written that out and looked at it before. I need to get busy. Actually may have forgotten something. I'll have to think on it a bit.

AbleKcco; Lets see if I can get it together to add a pic. Picture adding is dead simple on this site. Cool!

Smokin; I am in a small fishing / boatbuilding village by the name of Marshallberg. Closest towns are Beaufort and Morehead City.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Good looking truck! Im from Richlands.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know where Marshallberg is. I have a buddy with a farm up there. I'm a marine rigger/electrician so we probably know a few people in common. Nice looking truck!
Old 11-12-2017, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chevymec
Good looking truck! Im from Richlands.
Thank's bud. I try to keep her looking respectable. Wish I had a garage to keep her in. I live a couple hundred yards down a dirt lane so she really only stays clean a couple hours.

I've been through Richlands often. My GF has a daughter in Spring Lake and we visit regularly.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by smokinlmm
I know where Marshallberg is. I have a buddy with a farm up there. I'm a marine rigger/electrician so we probably know a few people in common. Nice looking truck!
I've worked for the past 30 years in custom sport fishing boats, and for the last 15 building small electric boats. I know a few boat carpenters, and several business owners, even a few guys working in the mechanical end of boats, but I don't circulate a whole lot in the trade circle.

There are some BIG farms right here in Carteret county. My GF leases around 15 acres to one of the bigger farmers close by.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Who'd you work for? I mainly work on custom carolinas with factory boats mixed in. Electric boats? Sounds interesting...