New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

Back in a Chevy

Old 11-12-2017, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Back in a Chevy

I learned to drive in a Chevy & so it would be that mint 454ss that my father passed along to me when I officially got my DL. I spent every waking minute in that pickup until I wrapped it around a tree about 1-year later. It would be a long time before I was back in a GM pickup that I could call my own, but my folks kept a slew of full size trucks around, nothing but z71 tahoe & pickups so I've never been estranged to the platform.

I have always been a 4WD nut myself and ever since that first Chevy pickup I totaled, I have owned Jeep Wranglers, Toyota pickups and the 4Runner suv, Land Rover and a few beaters here & there. Roughneck/oilfield type guy up at work made a comment in passing 1 day that went something like "if you bought American you wouldn't be having to work on your $hit all the time," and me always the 1 to understand the honesty behind comments instead of the simple sarcasm, I began looking for a full size 4x4. American, of course.

I sold a Land Rover and spent over 2-months looking for a GMC 4x4 to replace it wth. The resale value on any pickup truck around Dallas seems to be super high so instead of spending $6-$10k on a pickup worth MUCH less, I ended up with a 2003 Yukon 4WD, 125k original mile, 1-owner. I got it for $4k +TTL and immediately spent about $500 doing all the fluids/filters/tune-up and cleaning up the emission codes I had pop up. Another $500 more and now running on new brakes, shocks, leveling kit, 275/65/20 cooper AT, alignment, etc. and DD my new fav vehicle ever since. It feels like a real beast compared to everything else I've been tooling around in for the past 10-years. I really like it.

Last edited by Chubbs878; 11-12-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Search this Thread