MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

Slow motion launch critique

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fastjweb
I didn't mess with rebound (extension) yet. I just played with the compression. When I said softened up the shock, I loosened the shock up on compression. It spun its *** off with compression full tight, but then again I didn't have the extension full loose either. thanks again
are u talking about rear or front shocks here?
Old 10-31-2017, 06:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 402 Likes on 317 Posts

I'd say your new suspension is transferring more power to the wheels off launch causing more tire spin. How much sidewall do your tires have? Might need to move up a size to let them wrinkle more, what worked for your old suspension isn't necessarily going to work once you change it up. I think you got what you were looking for you just need to make a few adjustments to take full advantage of it.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinlmm
I'd say your new suspension is transferring more power to the wheels off launch causing more tire spin. How much sidewall do your tires have? Might need to move up a size to let them wrinkle more, what worked for your old suspension isn't necessarily going to work once you change it up. I think you got what you were looking for you just need to make a few adjustments to take full advantage of it.

This was awhile back. It's on a 16" slick. I've figured that rear shocks are too short, they are topping out. I tightened up extension to bandaid it. Went 1.50 like that. Going to a longer shock, and just did rear brake swap to run a 15" with more sidewall.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:06 PM

Received 217 Likes on 147 Posts

planning to keep the slick, or go to a drag radial? seems to be a lot of success with the drag radials lately.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
planning to keep the slick, or go to a drag radial? seems to be a lot of success with the drag radials lately.
Probably a slick. I would think it would be easier on rear end. My best on a radial is 1.68, leaving soft due to spin. I guess if I could dial suspension in properly I would try it again