Notices

I must be the life of the party

Old 05-20-2006, 01:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sweet more ranger lovers!

Originally Posted by An11secRanger
I can't remember what company it is but, I think, someone has a new blower for the 4.0 DOHC.
I've seen ONE 4.0 Ranger with a blower (yeara ago). It was a SOHC and, I think, it ran low 13s.
Also, I used to see a 4.0 SOHC Ranger runnin' low 13s with a 100 shot and slicks.
There are headers, T/B, MAFs, traction bars, etc., too.
Anyway, your friend can log on to RPS and go to the 4.0 tech section and check around. He should be able to find something there. Ask him to do a search before he asks, though. Sometimes, they'e a bit funny about that. Maybe the Pirate forums has something.
Try a cold air itake, borla or pacesetter headers, catback exhaust, and a chip. Whipple used to make a blower but they are kinda hard to find now. Check out therangerstation.com or rangerpowersports.com. Both have gobs of info on modifying a ranger.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:15 AM
Teching In

Actually, I havent had any problems with a t-5. the motor I am running only has a little over 300 horsepower and the combo was in a mustang for a long time and are still in excellent mechanical condition. A stock t-5 is only rated @330 ft lbs so I can see why you would have a problem with a motor that is propelling your ranger into the 11s. I would never go throgh the hassle of replacing a tranny as many times as you have. After maybe the 3rd overhaul I would have been upgrading to something much tougher such as a tremec, toploader, or a c-4. As for traction issues I have found that a cheap solution is the best one unless your going with a tub job. A $30 rear lowering kit from auto zone and a cheap set of traction bars have worked great for me in the past and I am running the same super cheap setup on my current cheapo ranger i'm trying to get done in time for midnight mayhem. My time frame is looking rather grim though. I stll have to find a steering column, seats, and all the glass. And I'm hoping my welded spider-gear 7.5" is gonna hold up. This baby is gonna be a joe dirt special let me tell ya. So far I'm not worried about the grudge match unless my buddy ends up borrowing his brothers paxton novi setup. Then I might as well pack it up or splurge on the cheapo idea and buy a nitous kit.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:16 AM
Teching In

Try therangerstation.com or rangerpowersports.com
Old 05-20-2006, 02:20 AM
Teching In

The blower of which tou speak is pretty much non-existant unless you can find a used one.(whipple made them) If you have an 04 or newer ranger you can pick up a blower from ford racing. they are made for the 3.0 and 4.0.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Teching In

thanks for your input. i was leanin towards the 2.3 from the get go.