Notices

I must be the life of the party

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I must be the life of the party

Wow, I'm not on this site for a little over a month and all the ford forums are dead. Come on people, don't you have anything to talk about? I've been pretty buisy lately. I'm srambling to to throw together a 306/t-5 powered ranger together to grudge match my buddys 91 5.0 notchback. Gotta get it done by 5/26 for the first midnight myhem. Anybody race @Cordova dragway park, Cordova, IL. ?
Old 05-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mini Driftin
Wow, I'm not on this site for a little over a month and all the ford forums are dead. Come on people, don't you have anything to talk about?
I'm new to this site, but even I noticed the Ford section seems pretty dead.
I just chalked it up to the roots of this site. Most of the folks here have GMs.

Originally Posted by Mini Driftin
I've been pretty buisy lately. I'm srambling to to throw together a 306/t-5 powered ranger together to grudge match my buddys 91 5.0 notchback.
Cool. I'm not a t-5 fan ... Especially, in a Ranger. But, with that kinda time frame, I'm sure you won't want to find a Tremec and a mid, or front, shifter.
I highly recommend torque rods, or ladder bars (or whatever else you can come up with to control wheel hop). The t-5s just can't take the beating from the wheel hop of a stock suspension Ranger with a decent power plant.
I've broken 17 (not a typo, seventeen) t-5s in one of my Rangers.
Good luck in the grudge match.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yall know a good Ranger Forum? My friend has a 98 V-6 w/5sp ranger ECSB.. he wants to make it a lil faster, anybody know some decent mods to do? he already has a Magnaflow muffler.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
yall know a good Ranger Forum? My friend has a 98 V-6 w/5sp ranger ECSB.. he wants to make it a lil faster, anybody know some decent mods to do? he already has a Magnaflow muffler.
I can't remember what company it is but, I think, someone has a new blower for the 4.0 DOHC.
I've seen ONE 4.0 Ranger with a blower (yeara ago). It was a SOHC and, I think, it ran low 13s.
Also, I used to see a 4.0 SOHC Ranger runnin' low 13s with a 100 shot and slicks.
There are headers, T/B, MAFs, traction bars, etc., too.
Anyway, your friend can log on to RPS and go to the 4.0 tech section and check around. He should be able to find something there. Ask him to do a search before he asks, though. Sometimes, they'e a bit funny about that. Maybe the Pirate forums has something.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by An11secRanger
I'm new to this site, but even I noticed the Ford section seems pretty dead.
I just chalked it up to the roots of this site. Most of the folks here have GMs.
We're working on it. I know it's slow, so do the other Ford mods. We're doing what we can, but until there's more traffic, there's not a lot we can do.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 203Cree
We're working on it. I know it's slow, so do the other Ford mods. We're doing what we can, but until there's more traffic, there's not a lot we can do.
Recruiting.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

Well, it is what it is. I ain't bitchin'.
I hesitate to recruit new members. I know I could get some new people in here. However, I'm not sure who it would be.
I'd just as soon let the people arrive as they will. I don't want to see a bunch of posts that make no sense.
I haven't been on any blogs/forums for a couple of years and I don't know who's who anymore. I kinda lost contact with the world. I moved to the stix.
If and when I get the next project going, this section should livin' up a bit. But it may never happen, so there's no point in stirrin' the pot now.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:48 AM
Teching In

since were talkin bout rangers, whats the best new motor to get? 2.3, 3.0, 4.0? i've been thinking about getting a new ranger, but i don't know whats the best motor. what are the options for fi?
Old 05-20-2006, 01:45 AM
Teching In

Default Definetly a 2.3 and a 5-speed

I have personally been fortunet enough to have owned a ranger with a 2.3 and a 3.0 and I have driven my dads with a 4.0. It all depends on how you drive em. My first vehicle was a 94 ranger with a 2.3L and a 5-speed and I probably had more fun in that truck than I will ever have in any other vehicle. I beat the ever livin crap outta that thing and never had one problem. Bought it with 50k sold it with 85k. I did about 10 million burnouts in it and the clutch was just starting to slip when I got rid of it. Wind it up as high as it would rev and dump it was my theory then. I ran it @ the local dragstrip 3 different times and had a best et of 18.3@74mph. I also had a 99 with a 3.ol and an automatic. It was definetly a turd even with only 38k on it. My dad has an 04 Edge 4wd with a 4.0 auto and its not much of a hot rod but it does exceptionally well in the mud. If you are looking for a fun truck that also gets great gas milage, I would definetly get an 03 or newer ranger shortbed 2wd with a 2.3 and a 5-speed. starting in 01 I believe, Ford switched to a DOHC 2.3 wich runs awesome. My buddy has an 03 and it will hands down smoke my friends 03 s-10 with a 2.2 and a 5-speed. Also the 2.5L engines in the 98-00 rangers arent half as tough as the 2.3L and there aren't nearly as many performance parts available. So overall if you want a cool little truck that can take alickin and keep on tickin, get a 2.3 ranger.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:47 AM
Teching In

I dont think its a problem, its just sort of dissapointing sometimes. Oh Well! GO blue oval WOOOOOOO!

Quick Reply: I must be the life of the party