PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Member Feedback (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/member-feedback-153/)
-   -   Vortec350ss (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/member-feedback-153/vortec350ss-548013/)

Y-B-Slow 02-24-2017 10:40 AM

Vortec350ss

1 Attachment(s)
This is a screen shot from a conversation between Vortec350ss ( Rob) and myself on 12 / 3 / 16 where we have made a deal for his tvs2300 and a few other parts for $3,900. On his word I tore down my truck and sold my supercharger and began building a fuel system and buying other necessary parts. I text him a week ago for some details, no response. I text him again days later, no response. Finally he responds to a PM here only to tell me he's sold the blower to someone else. Now I'm screwed, I have to scramble to find something else to fit in my budget and with the parts I've purchased based on his word. This is not the behavior I expected from a moderator on our forum.

This thread will probably be deleted like the last one I posted.

Vortec350ss 02-24-2017 10:42 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/LwIsm7nrPg7dK/giphy.gif

Get fucked.

I havent heard from you in 3 months.

GM1697 02-24-2017 11:07 AM

Dude... if you were really gonna buy the blower you woulda bought it, Rob's been sitting around on his thumb for months waiting for someone to pay him.

03sierraslt 02-24-2017 11:19 AM

If you didn't give him money to hold it then no deal was made.
Why would you tear your truck apart and begin buying more parts when you have yet to give him any money to hold it or to purchase it?

If you feel something was deleted in the past and it was unjust then let me know. I can still see all of it.

About20ninj45 02-24-2017 11:35 AM

Damn. I wanted that blower to lol

arthursc2 02-24-2017 11:47 AM

I can understand the OPs frustration, to a degree. I can understand Vortec's frustration even more.

Its hard AF selling things online. The minute you post something of value for sale, your inbox/phone blows up with fools PROMISING that if you hold the item, they'll pay you Friday, full price, they just need to do XYZ.

Stories and details change, but the plot is still the same. You can't really be mad at the guy for covering his ass and selling the blower to the first person that came up with money.

$100 days that in the same situation, OP would have done the same thing.

Money talks. Bullshit walks.

Atomic 02-24-2017 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by arthursc2 (Post 5399767)
I can understand the OPs frustration, to a degree. I can understand Vortec's frustration even more.

Its hard AF selling things online. The minute you post something of value for sale, your inbox/phone blows up with fools PROMISING that if you hold the item, they'll pay you Friday, full price, they just need to do XYZ.

Stories and details change, but the plot is still the same. You can't really be mad at the guy for covering his ass and selling the blower to the first person that came up with money.

$100 days that in the same situation, OP would have done the same thing.

Money talks. Bullshit walks.

Yep, been fed the "i'll send you money when I get paid Friday" more times than I can count with not even a courtesy "no thanks I changed my mind" message later. Money talks. If you want it, buy it.

Y-B-Slow 02-24-2017 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Atomic (Post 5399768)
Yep, been fed the "i'll send you money when I get paid Friday" more times than I can count with not even a courtesy "no thanks I changed my mind" message later. Money talks. If you want it, buy it.

I never said anything like this, I had the money in hand ready to buy BUT the blower was still on the truck at that point hence my text "I'm ready when you are" and why I was waiting to hear from him after pulling it but he lost his phone so I guess that made our deal null and void.

I'm over it. I'm looking for a suitable replacement now. I just wanted to use the member feed back for exactly that. I never cursed Rob out or wished him bad luck so I think its a little messed up when my threads are being edited or deleted and I'm threatened by a mod via PM. Nothing I have shared or said is untrue.

As I said, I'm moving along. Anyone have a PD blower for sale?

03sierraslt 02-24-2017 12:21 PM

If you feel you have been threatened then please share this with me via pm.

Vortec350ss 02-24-2017 12:28 PM

Threatened? interesting perspectrive...