Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

Jakes performance transmissions - never again!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally know member MOBBN and can vouch for the validity and truthfulness of his story regarding this problem. I guess some businesses feel they can't fail.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

The previous shop called Jakes to find out why he's doin this. He lied some more, said he doesn't care, and said he's sending it back with no transbrake. He said he will send a D3 transbrake when he wants (no timeframe) and I have to have someone install it locally....

He has been payed for this and has NO monitary obligation in this incident whatsoever. He denied all wrongdoing so would refuse to take any responsibility or help so the previous shop took care of it all!

Beware "vendors" as this is who you are dealing with as well. He was so adamant about me "not being a customer" but had no problem taking my $5k from my card, exchanging emails to cover his ***, and ultimately screwing me!! That's right!!! I paid HIM directly, the shop didn't. They simply asked him what my best option would be for this build and I paid for it directly to him with MY Card. But I'm not a customer..

Also, what if a few years down the road one of you has a issue with the Trans, don't bother calling him! From his mouth, "you are NOT a customer" and will have to contact the original shop first. Lol. He makes zero sense and is delusional.

Jake is a typical hot head know-it-all as anyone can simply look it up. He likes to bash other companies and forum members and this has been clearly stated by every single reply to this post and from other forums as well. There's a reason why he was kicked off LS1tech as a vendor....look it up.

He he has been thoroughly aware of this situation and "conveniently" hand wrote a order form 2 days later after I told him it was ordered with a transbrake and showed up without one.

im just glad I'll get my Trans back, won't have to deal with that lunatic again, and hopefully save someone from having to deal with him and his shady business practices. A business owner who spits nasty profanity out at a customer who simply calls and asks why I've been fed 3 different stories, is not someone anyone should waste their time and money on. PERIOD. Unless you enjoy having your vehicle down who knows how long while trying to battle this guy to simply get my stuff back I paid for.

Good riddance Jake! See you at FL2k16

Last edited by MOBBN; 09-03-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I second that NTC copied Jakes technology on the transbrake, the owner of NTC or somebody heavily involved over there was a former employee of Jake. I've Been at his shop a handful of times and have done business with him and he's always been good to deal with from my experience. He does good work no doubt, but I could see him being an ******* honestly. Kinna lives on the edge of always being pissed it seemed. I've never heard of him acting that insane though lol that sucks dude.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:38 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

He is not a vendor here either.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:35 AM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I believe Jake copied another companys brake and got it to work. I have met jake once at his shop to buy some parts for my trans build. He was kinda a jerk like i have inconveniencing by buying parts. Oh well. I will never buy anything from him again. Besides i hate it when he comes in the forums and bash members for building transmissions themselves.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Wow! Time to file a charge back with your credit card comp and send that mess back to him!
Name:  11797370_zps7c2amiys.jpg
Views: 1929
Size:  38.8 KB

I was just fixing to order a stage 2 rebuild kit from Jake but think I'll pass now, does anyone have a recommendation on where to order a similar kit from?

RyanR
Old 09-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Area 51 Racing
I was just fixing to order a stage 2 rebuild kit from Jake but think I'll pass now, does anyone have a recommendation on where to order a similar kit from?
RyanR
Same here, was just getting ready to place an order.

I've heard good things about Gilbert over at Ace Transmissions so might check with him. I will go with him unless I can find something more local.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2KRedSilverado
Same here, was just getting ready to place an order.

I've heard good things about Gilbert over at Ace Transmissions so might check with him. I will go with him unless I can find something more local.
I sent him an email over the weekend and still waiting to hear back from him. I've also been checking out the Pro-Built outlaw kit which is very similar to Jake's minus solenoids/harness which can be snagged of FleaBay for $115.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Area 51 Racing
Wow! Time to file a charge back with your credit card comp and send that mess back to him!

RyanR
Oh trust me I tried but they said it was 60 day max or they could. Sucks big time because he could of kept that!! He's the king of subjecting any loophole imaginable to not warrantee work when his backs against the wall and a few on vette forum and ls1tech.

My concern is he specifically stated that if he doesn't install their D3 transbrake (apparently people installed them wrong) then he can and will void the warrantee on it. So him refusing to install it is essentially forcing me to void the warrantee having to have it installed elsewhere...Insane. GREAT SERVICE FELLAS!

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
I believe Jake copied another companys brake and got it to work. I have met jake once at his shop to buy some parts for my trans build. He was kinda a jerk like i have inconveniencing by buying parts. Oh well. I will never buy anything from him again. Besides i hate it when he comes in the forums and bash members for building transmissions themselves.
Yes, and yes. It's typical behavior and you could save yourself from a potential nightmare like I've experienced. Put your hard earned money towards a company who actually treats their customers with respect and decency at the very least! I can't knock his product as I havnt even put a single mile on it, but he should simply have ZERO contact with any customer if he wants to stay in business. Regardless, I'll always take my money and put it into a product with service and customer care, not a know it all hot head Trans builder that you never know who your dealing with..depending on the day.

You never think it will happen to you and think oh it's just a few people who probably lipped off or is being ridiculous/exaggerating etc... But this isn't. It was pure off the wall random meltdown. Time to wisen up now!

Last edited by MOBBN; 09-07-2016 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Seems like **** has hit the fan for him and that transbuilderguy dude recently