Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

Got screwed by go5.3tt06

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 01:47 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interested in hearing why it can't be registered.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's only two reasons it can't be registered, still has a lien on it or its stolen. Otherwise things like a lost or salvage title can be fixed if the car was titled in the old owners name.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the same thing unfold on a another forum. One member bought a customized Jeep Cherokee Chief 1978 or something like that. Buyer got online and steamed the seller. The seller promptly posted video and pictures of the jeep being loaded and strapped onto the trailer. Turns out the shipper decided to take it for a joy ride. Blew the motor up, destroyed the transmission, broke the one off console, and covered the whole truck with mud. The shipper delivered the truck and said he picked it up that way.

There might be a lesson here. Be very detailed with a vehicle when you ship it. Get pictures and video, also list all the damage(if any) and have the driver sign off on it. I have shipped a few vehicles, and I do this every time.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Or just don't spend that kind of money on something without seeing it in person....
Old 05-14-2012, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
Or just don't spend that kind of money on something without seeing it in person....
DITTO THAT

I would at least see if anyone on the forum might be local and willing to inspect it for a small fee.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
There's only two reasons it can't be registered, still has a lien on it or its stolen. Otherwise things like a lost or salvage title can be fixed if the car was titled in the old owners name.
This title is clear and has been ever since. This isn't a scam. According to the DMV, when we registered. It's shows the computer has its records and approved or why else we got the tag and so forth? Therefore, its a match. We called the DMV told them the situation and double check to be sure. Y'all think it was stolen or something else? we have no problem and no worries. I spoke with previous owner about this issue even he and I are friends and that we keep it contact. He'd back me up and honestly, this is a waste of my time going over and over. In the end, bring it on!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
This title is clear...spoke with previous owner about this issue...In the end, bring it on!
"Clear" title with "issues"? G-G-Get it straight.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So the carb needs fixed, the door needs fixed? I can see where you could have a small issue, but but, the car came a far distance. I don't think you got screwed, I think you might have just had your expectation to high. Anything that old, spending that kinda money, I would have to look at it before pulling the trigger. Hell Me and my buddy flew out west to look at a boat he was looking at purchasing. Post some pics up of the car as it sits now
Old 05-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
So the carb needs fixed, the door needs fixed? I can see where you could have a small issue, but but, the car came a far distance. I don't think you got screwed, I think you might have just had your expectation to high. Anything that old, spending that kinda money, I would have to look at it before pulling the trigger. Hell Me and my buddy flew out west to look at a boat he was looking at purchasing. Post some pics up of the car as it sits now
Yeah I had crazy high expectations...like not getting a mustang with no vin number on it, unless you count where its been sanded and then get a title for a ford fairlane...absolutely I had my expectations WWWAAAYYYY to high.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the car come with a title? Or did you just take the vin to reg it?

Quick Reply: Got screwed by go5.3tt06