Rating Summary
Options
From
Date
TSA
04-02-2013, 01:35 PM
I purchased a 4l60e to 4l80e conversion package from bohr898 on Nov. 29th, 2012 for $2680. Here's the link: http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...80-t56-510673/
I finally received all the parts {transmission, cross-member, drive shafts, flex-plate, spacer, etc...} around the 2nd week in Jan. 2013 {almost 2 months later}.
My truck went to a local trans shop {ATRA member} March 29th, 2013 for the conversion. They dropped the 4l80e pan & found black sediment. Shop opened it up & Here is a list of what's wrong:
-Two bolts stripped on pan rail
-Bushing spun in forward clutch
-Clutch totally burnt out in forward
-Bushing locked on od clutch
-Intermediate clutches burned
Matt {bohr898} claims this tranny had 7K on a rebuild. This trans would not have moved forward.
So, basically he sold me a junk 4l80e for about $2000 that needs a total rebuild. I have contacted Matt with this info, pics, tranny shops phone#, etc... & no resolution is in sight.

Tim

bohr898
06-04-2013, 11:06 PM
transmission was shipped to him 5 months before i got a complaint.... also when trans was shipped the man said he could not go another day without a trans because it was so bad. (i have tons of proof both on his statements and also on all the work done to my sent trans + upgrades).. sooo basically he couldnt drive without a trans when i shipped the 4l80e to him... than 5 months later i sent him a "bad trans" he claims... not to mention his truck is awd and over 500 horse... you guys do the math .... also he failed to mention that i had every single part for the swap shipped to him... cross member, harnesses, drivehafts

bohr898
06-04-2013, 11:13 PM
i stand corrected i see he did mention the added parts.... also i had driven my truck to a shop for removal/swap but he claims it would be un moveable... i feel the trans shop was looking for an upsale... he said i could cal the trans shop but than it makes me think he could have a friend there to say whatever he wanted... i have plenty of friends that work at trans shops also..... i offered to pay for half of all the repairs which were excessive... things added like a new deep trans pan... trans cooler.. new gasket when i had bought a reuseable one.. sprag and 1 ways when mine had no less than 10k...... its all just too fishy he wanted over 1000 to settle this but there is just no way... im not pointing fingers or calling names but i know what is what and i will leave it at that.... check everyone else that has left feedback.... this is exactly why i do not do huge orders online... luckily even paypal took my side or else he would have gotten a full refund out of me puls everything i had sent him

WHATCH OUT GUYS

TAKE CARE

TSA
06-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Hey Einstein, I paid for everything 11/29/12
Finally, everything showed up Jan.15th, 2013...47 days later. Wow,that sure was convenient for you. PayPal only gives the buyer 45-days for a claim. Your crap sat at the tranny shop until 3/29/13 - when the shop could fit me in.

Matt, here's some proof / messages for ya, sent between 11/21/12 - 11/23/12:
To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/private.php

This is the message that was sent:

---Quote (Originally by TSA)---
---Quote (Originally by bohr898)---
---Quote (Originally by TSA)---
4L80e 4x4 trans, 2400-2600 converter, front/rear drive shafts, cross member modified to fit the 4l80, the necessary harnesses & the conversion transfer case input = $ /shipped to 54880?
I'm considering this conversion for my 2003 Silverado SS AWD. I'm around 525+rwhp.
Thanks,
Tim
---End Quote---

Wow that's a good distance haha. But anyways for it shipped to your door ill do 2500. I imagine shipping will be a bear

Let me know what ya think

Thanks... Matt b
---End Quote---
Matt,
Thanks for getting back to me. Ya, it's getting cold up North - I plan on moving to Florida one of these day's! Do you have any pics of all that stuff? Do you think the 4L80e as is can handle 525+rwhp? How much rwhp are you @ on your Silverado?

Tim
---End Quote---
Yea I could send picks if you send me an e mail address

Also I've been told by a local tuner that stock 4l80s can handle (and he has witnessed) 650+ rear wheel torque,and with just a shift kit over 800. I was planning on getting a p88 turbo and have just shy of 1000 hp until I bought my camaro..

Anyways I had a fully built na high comp 6.0 with a 230/.600 cam so I prob made just a little over 500 to the crank and the trans never ever missed a beat. Shifted nice and firm but not jolty or late

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/private.php

All the best,
PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

So Matt...Looks like you beat the crap out of this half a** patched up, so called rebuilt 4l80e with your fully built na high comp 6.0 with a 230/.600 cam that made just a little over 500 to the crank.
So....BUYER BEWARE....SO....BUYER BEWARE

And, $400 is not offering half for the repairs. Again, as I stated in the emails: $1263.30 in repairs minus $256.60 {atf, cover, pan, filter, & seal}
Equals $1006.70 = This is what I'll settle for.
Then you sold me your stuff for $1673.30 not $2680

Good luck Matt, the IC3 is now involved.