PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/internal-engine-modifications-158/)
-   -   very noob Q .. Dont shooot !!!!!! (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/internal-engine-modifications-158/very-noob-q-dont-shooot-353847/)

YeLLow Fever 12-03-2005 01:02 AM

very noob Q .. Dont shooot !!!!!!

ok i will be ordering a Supercharger sooon .. friends and my mechanic adviced me to go with a procharger .. but i keep reading here that radixxx is the way to go .. so confusion struck which is a better choice ?

Seriously ppl i know this is a noob q but ur comments would really help out with my choice ..

Peace

1slow01Z71 12-03-2005 02:27 AM

What are your power goals. A radix wont support alot more than 550hp from what I have seen. If you want instant boost and trouble free operation and are happy with 500rwhp then go with the radix you cant beat them for completeness and lack of maintenance. Plus they sound absolutely wicked:devil:

F8L Z71 12-03-2005 12:17 PM

I've seen many more happy Radix owners than Procharger owners around here :)

I have not driven mine with the Radix on yet so I cant say for sure.

8ALTNG 12-03-2005 12:44 PM

Radix is a awsome kit. What size engine are you running??? How much power are you looking to make???? Would you run a base Procharger kit or would you run a P1-2 or a D1??? Also what other mods are you/have you done/doing to your engine and drivetrain??? Its hard to make a decision or give any really good advice with out knowing these things.

YeLLow Fever 12-04-2005 12:01 AM

il die happy with a 500RWHP ... :)
what ive got ...
KNN intake serise 77
MSD wires
NGK plugs
CUstom Tune ...
used to have a magnaflow exhaust but thanx to the cops i no longer got rythem .. Bastrds . :(

what awaits to be installed
comp cam 212
comp springs 918
Gibson super truck ( in process of purchase )
Gibson shorties ( also in process ) i know that they dont do crap but a full setup is better than nothing and any thing that isnt stock is better :/ in my book ...

the reason why i picked shorties coz im sick and tired of getting pulled over everyDAY for noise pollution THOSE FAGS ... :(

The end

trever1t 12-04-2005 01:48 AM

Jeez, you must be here in the Bay Area, huh!

YeLLow Fever 12-04-2005 05:08 AM

u can say that .. :/

JimS 12-04-2005 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by YeLLow Fever
u can say that .. :/

I love the power my truck makes with the Radix. I love the sound. I love the way it looks under the hood. Great kit. VERY complete instructions w/a picture for each step and if that's not good enough more help is just a call away and when the call is made you get really knowledgeable truck guys to patiently guide your steps. Going with the Radix is pretty much a perfect choice, imo. There is as member on this forum who is making over 600 rwhp with the Radix.

F8L Z71 12-04-2005 06:49 AM

Who is making over 600rwhp with a Radix alone?

dewmanshu 12-04-2005 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by YeLLow Fever
il die happy with a 500RWHP ... :)
what ive got ...
KNN intake serise 77
MSD wires
NGK plugs
CUstom Tune ...
used to have a magnaflow exhaust but thanx to the cops i no longer got rythem .. Bastrds . :(

what awaits to be installed
comp cam 212
comp springs 918
Gibson super truck ( in process of purchase )
Gibson shorties ( also in process ) i know that they dont do crap but a full setup is better than nothing and any thing that isnt stock is better :/ in my book ...

the reason why i picked shorties coz im sick and tired of getting pulled over everyDAY for noise pollution THOSE FAGS ... :(

The end

Sounds to me you are gonna be limited in your mods anyway. The procharger (bigger series)will give you more room to grow, but man you just can't beat the completeness of the radix and the support. Install the "out of box" setup from radix and you'll be done. Move to another area where you can get that bigger cam, some LT's and gutted exhaust and then you need to let everyone know just how far you want to go with you HP needs. 500HP won't be there with the radix out of the box...but DAMMITT...nobody will be able to wipe the smile off your face when your driving it.